See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2016

Stopped off recently to spend 4 glorious days in Les Issambres on the Cote d'Azur. Found this hotel online and it exceeded all my expectations. Franck and Luisa are the friendliest of owners, and the warm welcome continued throughout my stay. It really felt like staying with friends. The hotel is situated on the ocean side of the coastal road, and my air-conditioned room afforded the most wonderful panoramic views, with simply breath-taking sunrises. Nothing was too much trouble for my hosts, and, as a real foodie, the cuisine was delicious. Franck and Luisa are very passionate about making their guests' stay as comfortable as possible, and, in my experience, their level of hospitality, attention and warmth far exceeds other places I have stayed. So, if you're looking for a quiet, relaxed, warm, welcoming and very reasonably-priced hotel in this wonderful part of Southern France, then look no further. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Room tip: Of the twelve rooms, two face inland to the road. Book one with an ocean view to enjoy the wonderful scenery and ocean.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Dominic C
Reviewed September 27, 2016

Stayed two nights. I loved the atmosphere around the hotel. The owners are the warmest people. The beach is close, but very rocky. Definitely not the right choice for kids. The street is also very busy.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Fresh and clean room. Warm welcome and good advices on local restaurants.
Good breakfast.
All you need for a short stay.
Wifi for free. Seaview from our room somewhat limited ( our room was on the ground floor )
Some parking places on the back of the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank LemanicSailor
Reviewed August 30, 2013

At the price I paid to stay here in July 2012 (not September which is the earliest the system allowed me to put in), I did not expect luxury and indeed this is a pretty basic place. That said, the owners do their best to make one feel welcome and to help. We only had bed & breakfast but I can say that the breakfast was perfectly acceptable. My room was on the top and, as others have commented, was pretty basic. But I liked sitting on my llittle balcony late at night and the views were OK. Returning to Les Issambres 40+ years after my last visit when brought here as a child, I was disappointed that the hotel we used to stay in then had gone, but this place maintains the spirit and it was amazing to find the place essentially unchanged after so many years. Come here for good honest and inexpensive accommodation.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and visited this hotel on foot of a Guardian Travel recommendation travel during the recent wet Easter 2013 weather and found the room wiht the view on the top floor very small despite being the most expensive room in the hotel. Also there was only one uncomfortable chair so there was no where comfortable to sit in our bedroom. Because of the wet weather the courtyard was out of the question and the easy chair accommodation downstairs was occupied by the family. So I would advise only staying in this hotel when good weather is more or less guaranteed.
I did happen to see into some of the less expensive rooms downstairs and these appeared more comfortable and one of them had two , double easy chairs.
The proprietress was extremely polite and charming and the breakfast was okay.

Room tip: The rooms with "Panoramic view" are very small and ours only had one very uncomfortable chair inside. However the balcony outside would be very pleasant in good weather and also was very private. There was one room on the ground floor which was large, had a comfortable bed and two comfortable easy chairs which cost a lot less per night and had a large window but no balcony which would be worth considering
Date of stay: March 2013