“Roaches” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mercedes
“Roaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The first night we arrived, I saw several roaches on the desk and on the refrigerator. I called the front desk that evening and they let me know that they could not do anything until the morning. The next day, we left early to attend a funeral and when we returned in the afternoon, the smell of the roach treatment was so strong and it was irritating my throat. I have two young boys, so I packed all of our items and moved to my parents room. When I called the front desk, they told me there was nothing they could do.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ClarissaMV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and had a very good experience, overall, it is conveniently located and very well maintained. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of our room. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Freer, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. Comfy beds, clean, friendly staff, convienent,and good breakfast. We were only there for one tonight...it was very easy to get to the Shrine in San Juan and then head back to the outlets to shop!! this hotel is right next to the outlets, so if you're going just to shop ...this is perfect. Not to mention Chili's and Whataburger is right next door. We highly recommend this hotel and its a great value too!!!

Room Tip: we were on 2nd floor ...it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on personal business. Nice clean hotel; fairly new. Large mini-suite at a very reasonably rate. Micro-fridge, workstation were appreciated. Much nicer than Harlingen LaQuinta in every aspect.
The only negative thing was one morning breakfast was not completely set up until 6:45. No big deal since I was not in a hurry.
I recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Mercedes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

HOUSTON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

On the surface this looks like a great hotel. The lobby is nice and, at first glance, the rooms are great. The hotel seems very new. There were some minor cosmetic problems in the bathroom, with what appeared to be old dried on plaster around the base of the tub, but otherwise it was fine. The rooms either face out onto a field or face the main road, but are generally quiet. It is not until you are trying to sleep that you notice how thin the walls are. My wife and I were kept awake both nights by noisy neighbors (the front desk were able to resolve this for us) or dogs barking. I am not sure whether pets are allowed in all rooms but my allergies sure flared up overnight in ours.
My main beef is with the service. On arrival our party was told that they did not have the two king rooms that we had reserved some time ago. Furthermore, there was no crib in the room, which was required since we have a baby. When we questioned the staff about this they said that they "might have one available later." Eventually they agreed to have one in place by later that evening. Ultimately what they brought us was a playpen rather than a crib (lacking a mattress and sheets) Annoyed doesn't begin to cover it. The management didn't care one bit about making things right.
I've had a lot of good experiences with LQ and will probably still use their hotels, just not this one. A word of warning: make sure they have reserved what you requested before you get there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are about the same and none will make you immune from noisy kids or dogs next door.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AnonHouston
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Wow, I loved working with the management of this hotel and the front desk was professional even though we had a slight misunderstanding they corrected it and moved forward. All my guest loved the breakfast and the rooms along with the atmosphere while being close to the outlets. Highly reccommend this hotel and the suits are nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercedes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weslaco
BEST WESTERN Town Center Inn
Victoria Palms Inn & Suites
Palm Aire Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen
Hampton Inn & Suites Harlingen

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes? Share your experiences!