“Just perfection”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here tonight. Escargots with steak and home made creame brûlée. My. Wife had foie gras with the pork dish and a pear desert. The service was so good. The waitress was fantastic and I swear I would have licked my plate for the main but as we were in a restaurant I decided against. The chef made an appearance and I told him how fab it all was. Local beers were fantastic too. It's surroundings were fantastic. A great vibe about this place. We went for the 23 euro menu and were spoilt for choice. Can't wait to come back. Totally yummy.

1  Thank 681JohnA681

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The three of us so enjoyed a spectacular meal at le Belle Epoque - the ambience, the quality of food, the wine and the superb welcome. my scallops and duck were perfection, the steak was perfect and the porc amazing. the Escargots were wonderful and as for the desserts - again with such artistic delight. I shall be coming again on a girlie trip!!!

2  Thank 787sallys
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Is is a wonderful restaurant. Great food, a lovely wine list, and above all, excellent service. This is what French restaurants should all be like in a perfect world.

1  Thank Oversetter
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As soon as we walked in to this restaurant, I felt at home. It is very comfortable and interestingly decorated without being too formal. We had booked a table and were welcomed at the door by Kate who speaks excellent English. She explained the various options on the menu and was very friendly. We chose from the 23 euro menu. There was also 16 euro and you could choose to have two or three courses on each. The food was really delicious and you could taste that it was freshly made from scratch. We had the pork fillet with prunes and lamb shank which my husband said just fell off the bone. You got a good portion and the vegetables were interesting and slightly unusual. We had a half litre pichet of wine from blackboard. Everything, including the puds, were lovely and well presented. Kate's husband Cedric is the chef and everything is well prepared and cooked by him.

St Omer is only about 35 minutes from Eurotunnel and the restaurant is very near main square which has parking and some interesting shops. This makes it very convenient for a day trip from UK or, as we did, on way there or back from holiday.

1  Thank alandsusan
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What a lovely restaurant. The ambience was wonderful, the service was spot-on and the food was out of this world. I thoroughly recommend eating at La Belle Époque. We had dinner from the €23 menu and each course was lovely. I had scallops and my wife had goats cheese to start with, followed by rump steak and tenderloin. We finished with profiteroles and I had the cheese, together with a carafe of house red. Wonderful.

1  Thank Rick_the_Roman