“Don't miss! Because Paris has not only Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, or Notre Dame.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Savoye

Villa Savoye
Book In Advance
More Info
$147.09*
and up
The Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60...
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Poissy
More attraction details
Owner description: The Villa Savoye is an internationally-renowned masterpiece built by architect Charles-Edouard Jeanneret – better known as Le Corbusier – and Pierre Jeanneret, between 1928 and 1931. The villa, designed for the Savoye family (hence its name), is acknowledged as one of the founding examples of the modern architecture movement. Open:> 1st March to 30th April: from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.> 2nd May to 31st August: from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.> 1st September to 31st October: from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.> 2nd November to 29th February: from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Closed:> Mondays.> 1st January, 1st May, 1st November, 11th November and from 25th December to 1st January. Admission fees: Adults : 7,5€; Concessions (18 to 25) = 4,50 €; Free admission: minors under 18*; Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France) * excluding school groups
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Villa Savoyve has worth to visit. The place designed by Great architect "Le Corbusier" in around '20 which there has not much architecture like this in that period. He was a leading modernism architect at that time.

If you go by Train you should aware that RER line A has many destinations. I told the ticket booth that i need to go Poissy but she gave me a wrong destination. When I arrived Poissy, I cannot get out of the station. Luckily, there has some nice woman with good English around there, so she talked to the officer about this problem. They seem not to care so much but they let me out, anyway.

If you are alone traveller, Please beware some pick-pocket or someone who come to you with millions ways to ask for money. Because Poissy is a bit far from Paris. It took around 45 min or 1 hr (i cannot rememnber, but around that). So There are more n more less people when the thair goes farer.

But The place is nice. Clean, Fresh air, Good people. Worth for architecture lover to visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank superpypk

• Korean first
London, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dream Come True... Biased review alert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This masterpiece, designed by Le Corbusier, was on my bucket list since I was in my early teens. During a visit to Paris with my wife, and local family, we (myself) decided to visit the house after the obligated Versailles outing. I was acting like a kid on the way to the house, obviously exited by the idea of experiencing the space I studied so much. The contrast of visiting the castle first emphaized my experience at the Swiss architects' modernist building. But even my family who are Parisians, and had never visited the property, where extremely pleased to visit this off-the-beatten-path attraction. They couldn't believe the house was built in the early 20th century.
I paid the entry fee and immediately split from the group traveling up the ramps and stairs all the way to the roof in awe that I was actually inside the house. There were about 20 people walking around terrazes and interior spaces but I hardly noticed them. After about an hour of walking, sitting, laying, and taking hundreds of pictures we exited the house and sat close to the bank admiring the structure. We bought souvenirs for my father and my brother-in-law, who are both architcects, and reluctantly left the property.
I was floored by the fluidity of the spaces and even tough most rooms are not furnished it is easy to imagine the house inhabited.
This experience was well worth the 30 minute drive from Versailles for everyone and it is a MUST for every architecture entusiast.

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“More a Non-Attraction, Yet Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you have come to Paris for the usual - Notre Dome, The Louvre, Eiffel Tower - your itinerary may not extend to Villa Savoye. But if you appreciate brilliant design and modernism architecture, visit Villa Savoye in the Paris suburb of Poissay. Designed by Le Corbusier in 1928, it is provocative and fascinating to imagine in its time. A wonderfully historic treasure!

A map outside the Poissay train station was our only indication of how to find Villa Savoye. The tourist info on the same map was not located near the station and was in a different direction than the villa. It seemed close enough to walk so we started out. Posted road signs did indicate our direction and when close to waiting on a bus, a gentleman pointed our way. There is very little to announce this attraction and few visitors on the afternoon we arrived. One is free to wander the grounds and with the 7.50 € fee, the interior of the house. Last given a facelift in the 1990s, one is sad for the deteriorating condition yet fascinated by the masterpiece itself. The staff seemed unenthusiastic and fellow visitors reverent. A wonderful addition to our Paris sightseeing!

Visited June 2013
Oxford
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A masterpiece but poor reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived at 4.15 and had a good tour of the house. Well worth the visit although sadly it is is barely furnished and one has to imagine what it must have been like when it was occupied by the original family.

On our way out (15 minutes before closing time for the house) the shop was closed and the receptionist refused to sell us any postcards, posters, etc. If the closing time is shown as 5 p.m. then the shop should stay open until 5 p.m. As it was they missed a chance for profit which could have gone towards maintaining the building.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ajboyce
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful, but not enough highlighted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

A master piece of Architecture, not enough highlighted. Can be difficult to find by a stranger, as no signs indicate path from train station. Gardens and surroundings could be embellished, and store more well-stocked to increase the global level of the tour. However a really nice piece of Archiecture which worth visiting.

Visited December 2012