“Perfect restful holiday”

Les Bressettes
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect restful holiday”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better service from Malcolm and Elizabeth, aided by their faithful dog, Cassis. From beginning to end, this is the perfect solution to an independent Dordogne holiday. From the beginning with prompt and helpful replies to emails to the end with our hosts getting up at 6.00am to see us off back home.

The property is as pretty as the pictures with lots of lovely flora and fauna (we even adopted a lizard - Terry). The pool was used by all of us to cool down after a hot day lounging about. The beds were so comfortable and catching up on the UK TV was a relief after struggling with the language barrier while out and about. My French is minimal but enough to get by. Suggestions from both hosts showed their love of the area and its people. We even manged to get to a night market in one of the local villages. Take your own plate and glass and sit down in the village square with all the locals sampling the food.

Can't recommend this property and the hosts enough. Will definitely come again if we want to try this area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fran T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From the warm welcome you receive on arrival until they wave you goodbye when you leave both Malcolm & Elizabeth are excellent hosts. Their property is ideally located for exploring the Dordogne region & they certainly have a good knowledge of the area and are able to offer good suggestions of places to visit. We stayed in the gite & found that it certainly suited our requirements. From the outside it resembles a house you would expect to find on a Disneyland set and inside the layout is ideal for a self contained lodging. The pool & surrounds are an excellent addition to the property but unfortunately the weather during our one week stay wasn't condusive to swimming (even though the pool is heated). However, we were still able to sit outside enjoy cheese & wine whilst we admired the view. For anyone wanting to visit the Dordogne we would definitely recommend they stay with Elizabeth & Malcolm at Les Bressettes.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stay here. Les Bressettes is wonderful. Everything about it is wonderful. But, especially, Malcolm and Elizabeth go above and beyond to make sure that you make the most of the area. They are absolutely lovely, and they couldn't make you feel more welcomed into their home. My wife and I took the risk of planning very little for the Dordogne portion of our trip to France, figuring that since we were staying in a Bed and Breakfast our hosts would know far more about the area than my wife and I could learn with our own research. This was absolutely the right call. Malcolm and Elizabeth pointed us to all the best, often little-known, places to go--going so far as to lend us their well-marked, dog-eared street atlas to help guide the way.

Additionally, every single time we returned from our various trips out and about the countryside, we were immediately greeted by one or the other, asking us if we'd like some beer or wine. Moreover, when I unfortunately came down with a very poorly-timed cold, they provided me with decongestant pills and cough medicine to keep me feeling well enough to continue enjoying my trip (and they wouldn't accept any extra payment in return for the medicine!).

I suppose that I should mention, since this is ostensibly a review of a Bed and Breakfast, that the bed was comfortable, the room well-apportioned, and breakfast every morning was always plentiful and delicious (with quite a lot of variety to choose from). Malcolm and Elizabeth always suggested that we wrap a bit of the leftovers up in a napkin to take along for lunch, too, which we took advantage of every day and it was greatly appreciated.

In short, go to the Dordogne region. It is absolutely magical. Driving about the roads and villages and hills and valleys and castles (in a convertible with the top down, if possible) is just breathtaking. It feels as though it wouldn't be so surprising if a hobbit or elf suddenly stepped out of the woods. And when you go, stay at Les Bressettes. Your trip will be perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jake M
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from our second holiday at Les Bressattes. We love the area and this is the perfect B&B, supberb food, fantastic hosts, and a beautiful heated swimming pool, perfect for a lazy dip after a hard days sightseeing! Elizabeth and Malcolm ensure their guests have a wonderful holiday and nothing is too much trouble. We are very much looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tony P
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to France and it will certainly not be the last but only to stay at Les Bressettes. We arrived to a very warm and friendly greeting from Malcolm & Elizabeth into their adorable home in the most idyllic setting. Their knowledge of the surrounding area is second to none, they are so friendly, helpful and welcoming
without being intrusive which is what made your holiday so special. We will most definately be visiting again with friends and or family, It is the perfect place to stay and explore the Dordogne region. It was so nice to return after a day sightseeing to chill by the pool and look forward to a beautiful evening meal made by Elizabeth & Malcolm.
We cannot recommend Les Bressettes enough.
Thank you Malcolm, Elizabeth and of course little Cassis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andrewandjanetate
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I spent a wonderful week at Les Bressettes in late March. A very comfortable cottage in the most beautiful setting! The location is ideal for seeing the sights of the gorgeous Dordogne area, and Elizabeth and Malcolm are the most welcoming hosts you will ever meet. Not to mention their little dog Cassis, who always greeted us with boundless enthusiasm and a tennis ball! Truly the highlight of our holiday! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank itsrach
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Malcolm and Elizabeth welcomed me into their home as though I was part of the family. Absolutely fantastic people. Very knowledgeable on the local area and were happy to provide suggestions for things to see and do. I was travelling on my own and it was always very nice to come back from a day of sightseeing to have a natter about the day. I wished I had arranged to have meals made for me because after a little sample of what was on offer I wanted more. The property is in a beautiful location and very close to main sightseeing attractions. It is an experience to be remembered forever. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo