“Nice and cosy hotel with good food”

Abaca Ypua Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Bidart
Lund, Sweden
“Nice and cosy hotel with good food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel when travelling in the area. It was a Little bit difficult to find since it is not situated on the main road. You have to divert from the main road and go roughly 200 m to a parking space.

The room was clean and tidy but had a rather low standard.

Our main objective for the stay was to test the food and it was worth it. We had a menu with some good local wine.

The hotel is nice with good and friendly service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is a short drive from the AutoRoute, close to the beach and the village centre is a reasonable uphill walk. The beach has sand and surf, and there are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity. The private car park at the side is large. Only after I had booked the room did I realise this establishment was a Logis De France member, so I knew it would be quirky and was prepared for the unexpected. I was not disappointed. At reception I produced my printed confirmation from the reservations website and the owner greeted me (in French and then English) by saying he had nothing to do with that company as they were Dutch and paid no taxes. He then asked for my name and told me he had a reservation for me, exactly as I had made it online. After that little excursion into fantasy, Anglo-French relations improved considerably, and by morning we felt quite at home. The hallway and stairs were clad in red linoleum in typical Logis less-is-more fashion, but everything was spotlessly clean. The twin room was large, if you were below 1.25 metres in height and able to duck under the purlin supporting the sloping roof. Stupidly I tried this but after nearly a week the bruise on my head doesn’t hurt much now. For people my height, the room size was reasonable, and furnished in that old-fashioned, cheap and unappealing way seemingly beloved of Logis members. No frills: no tea and coffee in the room, but the beds were comfortable and everything worked, even the low energy light bulbs: fortunately we had time to wait until they warmed up enough for us to find our way around. Breakfast was included in the price, which I always appreciate. The time slot was small and the selection was rather limited, but it was adequate for our needs. The price was very reasonable for a seaside location and I suppose you could argue the rather Spartan appearance and furnishings added to the olde-world charm. And I could argue otherwise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff is friendly and relaxed. Hotel has beautiful garden.
Rooms are clean and up to date but provide just enough space to maneuver and can be noisy if you happen to have loud neighbors. No air-co in the rooms. The beds in the two rooms we had were hard.
Food quality is good but the petite-dejeuner is very basic, one could order eggs etc. add additional charge however. The choice for meals for half pension are okay and the suggestions of the chef are diverse. Meal portions are enough and help you to stay in shape.
Parking is possible on premise.
The hotel has its own swimming pool with comfortable beds and parasols. Also a table tennis table is available.
The beach is easy to reach by foot within a few minutes. The center of Bidart is also in walking distance. Free bus transport to Biarritz is available via voucher of hotel/Tourist Information.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side are sunny in the evening so could be warm.