“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Bidart
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Perched overlooking the best beach in Biarritz, on the terrace eating fantastic prawns and sipping a Mojito.
Pinch me.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I wanted to get some good food and I had high expectations, but I found this place to be quite average. There was nothing wrong with the food, but it was not exceptional either. You pay for the location more than the food. For me priority lays with the food, and that is why I would not recommend this place. If money is not an issue and you really like to sit on the seaside in a buzzing restaurant, you would like it more than I did.
The place gets very busy, but they will still try to seat you. I found the personnel to be friendly, considering how busy they were. But I speak French, so that might make a difference.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had some wonderfully cooked Merlu and dorade fish there with bottles of Basque dry white. the starters where also delicious.
Seating is reasonably comfortable and prices are ok but on the higher side.
The Restaurant with an outdoor terrace is directly on the beach.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I live in Biarritz and just took my father (and his wife) to La Plancha for a meal before they fly back to the UK. Aware we couldn't book we arrived at midday and the outdoor tables were all taken but we asked if it was possible to eat inside (there were circa 12 tables available and therefore around 40 covers) but only three groups of 4 waiting to be seated. In an extremely snotty manner one of the waitresses said we'd have to put our names on the list and wait till we were called ... I asked whether we could eat indoors but she repeated (in a more direct manner) that I'd have to wait! I decided to order drinks and when asked if I could add these to the bill was told, by an extremely curt lady behind the bar, that it was not possible as she didn't know where we would be sitting!

We went outside to wait but my wife was convinced that I had been misunderstood so she went in and asked the restaurant owner if we could sit inside as we were in a bit of a hurry as her in laws needed to catch a flight. With the same disdain as his employees he said something along the lines of 'there is always an excuse to be in a hurry' and that we would have to wait .... we left and will not be going back there again but had a lovely meal next door at Blue Cargo!

3  Thank Windsor R
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We lunched at La Plancha after a recommendation from our chambre d'hote host. We had Dorada cooked on la plancha and served with jacket potatoes. The restaurant was very busy but as we arrived at 12.00noon we were able to have a prime table overlooking the Atlantic, just perfect.