“Charming restaurant”

Benoit Wach Patisserie
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Selestat
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Restaurant is placed in the city center, in historic building. It’s beautiful inside. The storefront is decorated wonderfully. The variety of desserts is very big. We took raspberry pie and tea, delicious! Also there are cold starters and hot dishes and salads. Good choice and acceptable prices. You won’t regret coming by.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

This is in a very convenient location. The selection of patisserie is outstanding not too mention the chocolates and cookies. We enjoyed two café au lait, a chocolate macaron and a vanilla eclair. Price 11€. Service was pleasant.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Waited to sit down. Asked if they had a high chair. Waitress looks at me like I was stupid. Says no. Then walking away she says 'the whole place is reserved anyway' gesticulating at lots of empty tables with no reserved signs. Thanks! Assume families not welcome here.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Rowena L
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Great choice for lunch. The place itself is very charming and attractive, although I know this not always means quality. But I wasn't really hungry and decided to give it a try after checking their outside board suggestions. As usual I wanted to try more of the traditional treats, so I ordered a quiche Lorraine with green salad (after realizing that I've never tried it after all my trips to France) without any big expectations. To my surprise I was served a big dish with a rich salad with a characterful dressing with a chunk of fresh bread and the piece of the quiche itself. I was just so glad I ordered that. The quiche was like no other I've ever eaten before. It was a very light and tasteful golden piece of pure French art in my tongue. And that for something more than €6, which for me was totally worth it. A shame I didn't have the time to try their onion pie or the rest. Oh how I wish that shop to be just around the corner here!
Totally recommended!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank AnneLouiseG
Reviewed September 24, 2015

Finally found: great Patisserie = great location (quiet - no cars racing by) - sit outside in sun or shade, friendly service (Lisa), delicious patisseries like: Mirabel streusel/crumble or Linzertorte, good old Éclairs - not filled with pudding but cream and many other cakes, tarts, Petit fours... Or for example (didn't try it but would've liked to - had too many éclairs): Cinnamon croissants - never heard of them before. Coffee was good too and that was the 2nd good coffee out of about 8 coffees we'd had during our 4 day travel in and around Obernai. No need to search around anymore, we know where to go for good quality at all levels.

Date of visit: September 2015