“Wonderful relaxing stay”

Hostellerie a la Ville de Lyon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rouffach
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have paid 49 euros for a "single" room, even though i got a queen-size-bed room (hotels in general do not offer single rooms anymore). Everything is clean, rooms are BIG, with an old-style (even they are not really old for sure) furniture that perfectly fits the place. Didn't try the breakfast. They also offer local wines for half the price during the so called "happy hour", and after dinner you can take french "marc" for half price (4 euros, very good price). In the afternoon, some food is offered in the entrance (yoghurt wih marmelade and some other stuff). There is a small relaxing room with a pool, sauna and whirlpool bath. There is a good restaurant and another 1-michelin-star restaurant right beside the hotel (book in advance if you're interested ... otherwise you won't eat there, like it happened to me). Some free parking space is available in front of the hotel, wi-fy working well. Rouffach is a small but anyway quiet and nice city. My vote is of course related also to the price I paid, which was a very goof offer I guess ... but even for two persons, a price up to 70-80 euros is really good in my opinion, they definitely deserve it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hostellerie a la Ville de Lyon

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent a night here en route to the sun. We got a reduced rate; I found the full rates to be very expensive and would not have been good value. It's a lovely old building, in a nice area. Furnishings, fittings and decor are all good. However, I found our room to be quite small and the bathroom was indeed very small and a little out of date. Staff are efficient and friendly. The buffet breakfast (in the courtyard on warm days) was very good. The attached brasserie is not cheap but the food is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoppyEu
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during a cycling holiday in Alsace. Reception was brisk and efficient. Our room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant was good, although on the second night we had lamb which was impossible to cut because the knives were so blunt. Service was excellent. Breakfast was good, although my coffee mug was seriously cracked and had lipstick stains on it. Good location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Two years ago I reviewed this hotel (14.6.2010) and I castigated it for not having an en-suite toilet door and a bed that made my backache. Against my better judgement I had to use it again. I requested and got a room with toilet door. What a difference a door can make! I have to retract my earlier review. As with many hotels there are several classes of room. I am reviewing a cheaper room, which on this visit was more than adequate. I have to comment on a noticeable observation, that being a guest in a cheaper room made no significance on the way I was treated by the members of staff.

There are two restaurants, one gourmet and the other very good. I have eaten in both and both are excellent.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, meal in the restaurant; drink in the bar, my swim and the extensive and wonderful breakfast. I’m only sad I booked for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a toilet door!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hightrav3ller
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel is located in the center of the village, but location is very quiet and peaceful.
Good reception: quick and friendly.
I stayed with my wife on the second floor in one of the standard rooms.
Room is ok: small desk, tv, very comfortable twin beds, small bathroom with shower, big window with views to the center of the city. All nice and clean. You can darken the room completely thanks to the rolling shutter. Free wifi.
Breakfast is really good: a lot of choice in a self service set-up. You're accompagnied to a table and coffee or tea is serviced. A glass (or more) of cremant d'Alsace to start your breakfast is delicious and free!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A very nice old fashioned hotel very good value for money. The village of Rouffach is lovely. We only stopped one night as a stopover. The breakfast was good and plenty. We ate at the hotel restaurant which also was good, with local food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We spent one night at this charming hotel, which is located in a quiet village just a few km away from the highway. The budget room we received was rather large and confortable, a bit old-fashioned, but functional and with a couple of touches that gave it some personality. The bathroom was really small, but clean. We had not booked breakfast, but the next morning we decided to eat there as the breakfast room and the food were very inviting. It was a good choice in the end!
When we arrived, the hotel parking was full, but we were able to park across the street for free (we arrived late and left very early... charges may apply during the day time).
We did not use any other facility of the hotel, but this hotel was a very pleasant surprise and will surely book it again whenever we drive by that area!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for rooms with a larger bathroom if you're spending more than one night there...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank afs14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rouffach
Chateau d'Isenbourg
Hotel Spa Restaurant Domaine Du Moulin
Hotel de la Vallee Noble
Hotel de la Vallee Noble
#1 of 2 in Soultzmatt

Been to Hostellerie a la Ville de Lyon? Share your experiences!