“Memories are eternal”
Review of Ma-Joly

Ma-Joly
Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Tuban
Cuisines: European, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Such an enchanted setting with a magnificient backdrop of the Indian Ocan makes Ma Joly a special destination for those seeking an intimate and unique place.
Kulim, Malaysia
“Memories are eternal”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Watching the sun set on the beach, where you enjoy your drink and fabulous food, makes the moment in time to be timeless. Till today I remember my time at Ma-Joly vividly in my mind. The memories and the awesome experience I had at Ma-Joly, renders me hard to find the words to describe my perfect time there. The staff, as well as the environment, helped to make the memory eternal. My words do not do justice for what you will experience if you're there.Experience it, it's worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bali, Indonesia
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything in Ma Joly is fabulous. Great food, great view, great service.. highly recommended to spend your day at MaJoly. They also have a romantic dinner set. I saw it and I think it's a beautiful place to have dinner with your loved ones.

Adelaide, Australia
“Tuban terrific”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Were recommend to go to Ma-Joly and we were delighted that this was such a great restaurant, we had crab pasta and it was delicious. White wine and a lovely view of the beach. Setting is very pretty, setting up for a wedding which looked lovely. We did not try the cocktails, but had been told they are very yummy, next time :)

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a very enjoyable happy hour with snacks but warning, can be expensive if you order items not on the happy hour menu.

Visited December 2012
Adelaide
“Vegetarians Beware !!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This restaurant's website advertises that a "vegetarian menu is available upon request"...well..we asked and no menu was produced!..the options BLUNTLY offered were salad, grilled vegetables or pasta..the pasta either with pesto, vegetables OR tomato..no choice of pasta type mind you! And what would have been wrong with including all 3 of these with the pasta! The warning bells were ringing then but we persisted. My coral perch fish was ok..nothing flash and certainly not worthy of the hefty price tag but my wife's pasta was stone cold and virtually inedible and was a miserable entree sized effort with some pesto...no parmesan cheese was offered.Now this is simply not good enough for a fine dining restaurant. I should point out we are not fussy, hard to please people and have eaten heaps of good meals at local warungs as well as establishments like Ma-Joly.
The pain did not stop at the meal..we had to wait 50 minutes for this meal on an obviously quiet night and we were seated for a good 40 minutes drink less...no service at all! I assume they actually serve wine as there were glasses on the table but no one came near us with a wine list or asked if we wanted any drinks at all after we had finished our initial drinks. There were staff present but goodness knows what they were doing...just loitering about, it seemed. They certainly paid us no attention at all. We asked for the bill and promptly paid and left...we couldn't be bothered with the whole complaining bit, then have the chef appear etc because it wasn't only the food that left a bad taste in our mouths....we got the distinct impression that we were not wanted this night and that everything was too much trouble. Lift your game Ma-Joly... we will never be back!..