My wife and I stayed at the Aston Inn Tuban in Bali for eight nights in October 2013. During our stay we found the location, the service and the accommodation itself to be of a very high standard, especially with respect to the price. Based on our experience we would be sure to return!
In particular I would highlight the following:
With regard to the location: we found it to be close to most things, with good access to the airport, shops, ATMs and sights around the area. Throughout the duration of our stay we appreciated that the facilities were away from roads, clubs and contruction areas, which meant that disruptive noise was minimal and overall it's location gave it a nice sheltered/secluded feeling, especially in comparison to the atmosphere around South Kuta, which is packed with tourists and over bearing tourist attractions.
Throughout our stay we found the service to be exceptional. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were addressed in a warm, friendly and professional manner. All of the staff spoke good English, remembered our names and went out of their way to help us whereever they could.
In particular I must commend the staff on their ability to help and handle several tricky situations during our stay including chasing down luggage the airline had lost while we were out during the day. To their credit, none of our requests seem to bother or annoy them and without their help we would have a far more stressful stay.
As to the accommodation: Our room for the week was a relaxing and hospitable environment, included air conditioning, daily bottled water and was thoroughly and professionally cleaned each day.
In addition to the quality of the room we enjoyed an excellent daily breakfast buffet, a number of delicious and well-priced meals, some of the best drinks on the island, the beautiful pool and a massage at the Lomi-Lomi spa. Admittedly, the prices at Lomi Lomi were higher than what was available in a market area, but the atmosphere was better and compared to New Zealand prices it was still incredibly cheap.
If I had to make any kind of criticism, the only thing that stands out in my memory as being negative was that we were woken a couple of times at 5.30am in the morning by staff preparing the breakfast buffet.
All thing considered we had a great stay at the Aston Inn Tuban, it truly was our home in Bali!
Lastly, I would point out that we also stayed one night in another hotel courtesy of our airline. This particular hotel was priced at roughly four times what we paid per night at the Aston and overall we found the service and the room to be comparable - another tribute to the excellence of this facility and it's staff.
Based on our experience and the high standards that were held at the Aston Inn Tuban I would highly recommend it to anyone who was looking for moderately priced accommodation for a stay, long or short, in Bali.
To the team there, thank you for a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The property is a 15-minutes walk from the beach. Located in Tuban Tuban area, Hotel Permata Kuta by Zeeti International is a 6-minute drive from Kuta Beach and Ngurah Rai International Airport. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool with sunken bar. Permata Kuta Hotel by Zeeti Internationa; It offers air-conditioned rooms equipped with color themes. Fitted with marble floors, rooms feature flat-screen TVs, coffee and tea make IDD telephone and safety deposit boxes. Private bathrooms have a bathtub and shower. Guests can lay back on the sun loungers around the pool, or play a game of billiards in the games area. Staff at the 24-hour reception can help with car rental, tour bookings and currency exchange. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Snacks and drinks can be served at Hula Café, while the pool bar offers refreshment. Guests can also reserve room service. There is a free shuttle service to the airport, German Beach and Discovery Mall. Permata Kuta Hotel is a 5-minute drive from Discovery Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Permata Kuta Hotel by Zeeti International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Tuban Inn Bali Hotel Kuta
- Aston Hotel Kuta
- Aston Kuta
- Kuta Aston
- Permata Kuta Hotel By Zeeti International Bali/Tuban