“I'm not going again there”

Bakungs Beach Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here from 1st of April and I think we made a mistake. The room was very old, the bathroom looked much older than the room and the wall next to the building was falling apart. If you where staying on the porch you had nothing to see nice. The price was non-negotiable and in my opinion was high for what they offer. The location is not good but it's quiet. The pool was old but the water was very good for swimming. The breakfast it's ok. I think we are not coming back at this hotel being the worst we ever stayed in Bali and in the same time one of the most expensive one.

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Bakungs Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel 2 yr ago and it was budget but clean, this time was tataly different. The room was dirty and the bed was full of flees. My wife was bitten by the flees and required attention at the international hospital, then had to endure a treatment having to cover the bits with a cream and taking ant-histermens lasting 1 week. We were moved to another room at 3 am the roof leaked when it rained. The hotel would not pay for the doctors and asked to be payed for the nights we stayed which I refused and had to get the tourist police involved, we move to a clean hotel and completed our trip. Three things you need to stay at this hotel.
• Good health insurance
• Next hotel booked as you will require movement
• Local Legal advice

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anthony_warren
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here for the 1st time late 2011 into 2012 and overall this place is pretty good. iI am not one of these people who spend alot of time in my room, but when you are in there the bed is clean, sheets change each day and the room is cool from the A/C. Now we go to the pool area which is great, the water in the pool is clean and around there during the day is quite social with the other guest staying there. The pool bar does not open but the restuarant is right there if you want a drink or food. The gardens around the hotel are amazing. So guys this Hotel is very safe nothing was ever touched in my room, and everyone is pretty friendly. NOW its not the Ritz Hotel, But for the budget travel person its really good...
Just saying!
Jiffy

Room Tip: It you want quite time, rooms away from the pool are best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank jiffy p
Reviewed February 4, 2012

this hotel is the worst hotel l stay in no service room old a/c not good the food is so bad very hard get a drink at the pool it not very good for familys l would not stay here ever again staff would do any think for u just keep away from this hotel

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank joey2323232323
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have stayed at Bakung Beach Cottages several times over the past 3 years. It is an adequate stay for the Traveller on a budget or someone just looking for a nice cool room to rest between sessions at the many of the islands clubs. To all out there who label it the worst place or horrible I suggest stop being a cheapskate and fork out the extra $250 for something 5 star.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms on the ground floor are the better quality rooms with double beds instead of twin...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Patrick E
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I ended up staying here a few nights as I couldn't get a room at my normal hotel, and friends were staying just around the corner. I think I paid about $35aud for a room and would not pay the $60 that other reviewers had got charged. The grounds are really lovely actually, but the rooms are more than a bit tired. The mothballs - oh my gosh! Hidden in every nook and cranny in the room and gave me a headache. I ended up finding them all and putting them outside. Staff were polite, but not friendly - very unlike the balinese at every other place I have stayed. With a refurb and a course on smiling at guests this could be a really good spot.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Tiggin
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in october 2010.
Worst experience ever!!! The room was dirty and old, there was a big hole in the door. There were big dead bugs in the bathroom, even cockroaches.....I definitely do not recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank missmyw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Bakung Sari Resort and Spa
#78 of 254 in Kuta
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
#4 of 22 in Tuban

Been to Bakungs Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!