It was a good stay for us at the Rama beach resort. We had a mixed experience the first night, but that was quickly taken care of and we completely enjoyed the rest of our stay here. Here's our experience in detail:
After having stayed in Ubud for three nights, we checked into Rama Beach Resort for the next leg of out Bali tour to enjoy the sun, sand, shopping and party scene in and around Kuta. We arrived at the hotel around 7 in the evening. The first evening wasn't one of the best experiences here. During check-in, we were asked to pay for the other two nights, as they had charged us for only one night when we made the booking online. While paying in advance is not an issue, they should have charged us right when we booked, avoiding the unnecessary hassle of counting cash while you wait to be checked in. Quickly after paying, we were taken to the superior room, and well, it wasn't a delight to say the least. Three major problems- the room was connected to another room with a closed door separating the two. We could hear kids shouting in the other room. That's not what I call the best ambience for your anniversary. Secondly the tiles in the washroom didn't look the cleanest. They were old for sure; and when you took a shower water would flow down outside the shower area and wet the entire washroom floor. Thirdly and most irritatingly, there was no double bed. It was two single beds joined together with a gap in between. I couldn't sleep well that night. My wife was furious the next morning. We complained at the desk, and thankfully the staff listened to us and said they will change our room. We proceeded for breakfast which is a pretty good spread and while going out to the beach, were told that we were being upgraded to the pool villa. We thanked them and moved out. On coming back to the hotel, the villa we were taken too, dissipated all our irritation accumulated so far. This surely was delight. It was a big room, with a big washroom and a to top it all a nice private pool all for yourself. We loved the setting and made the best use of it. This nice touch, helped get our trip to a nice climax as we enjoyed our short stay in Kuta to the fullest.
Our quick take on rest of the things:
1. Overall Property: Slightly old, but getting renovated in batches. Hope it gets better with time.
2. Main pool: Pretty and soothing with plenty of loungers around and a bar too
3. Restaurant: Nice
4. Breakfast: The spread was good with a nice mix of continental and local cuisine
5. Staff: Friendly and pleasant
6. Spa: Main spa is under renovation, so operating from two superior rooms. We had got a coupon each as hotel guests, to avail a discounted price of Rp 190k each. We used this after checking out on the final day as our flight was at night. The massage was decent, but not great. You can get far cheaper spas and massages outside, anywhere on the roads of Kuta.
7. Access and location: 2 minutes walk to the quiet Tuban beach. Kuta beach is a 15 minute walk by the beach while you soak up the sea on one side and resorts and restaurants on the other while walking along the nice footpath/walkway. Main Kuta street is also barely a 15 minute walk from the resort. Airport is very near, and helps avoid the usual Bali traffic. They provided us free airport drop as part of the package and that was nice.
8. Other facilities: They offer a free bicycle to tour the local area. Great. We wanted to but coudn't manage to take a cycle trip.
9. Overall: A good place to spend your holidays. Just don't book superior rooms, not until they are completely renovated which is going on currently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAMA BEACH Resort & Villas is located in Tuban, South Kuta, only a few strides away from the famous Kuta beach,Airport and offers guests a choice between Deluxe rooms or private Garden / Pool villas, surrounded by spacious tropical gardens. The elegant pool area, with its contemporary style and flowing cascades,sunken bar is a blissful place to relax in the midday heat while the sportier guests can make use of our tennis court in the cooler morning or evening. For the ultimate relaxation, spoil yourself and discover the emotional serenity and physical rejuvenation of our therapeutic SPA. When the urge to shop strikes, our shuttle bus plies between the hotel and the popular Discovery Shopping Mall, Lippo Mall ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rama Beach Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Hotel Tuban
- Rama Beach Hotel
- Rama Beach Resort And Villas Bali/Tuban