“Great place to stay, fantastic staff and very good location close to the beach, shopping centres and good resturants.”

Rama Beach Resort and Villas
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Its a great value for the money of the hotel, It has everything you need that you could ask for, perfectly placed close to beach good restaurants and shopping centres and has fantastic staff that go out their way to make you feel as home especially if you have young children. The service that the hotel provide; explain room service or if any problems with hotel they are very quick in attending to your needs very happy.
All the staff are very happy and very friendly are they are just beautiful in every way.
The hotel is very clean in the reception, restaurant, pool and garden area and the rooms.
As for the rooms they are very comfortable and spacious my only thing l didn’t like was the bathroom a little let down the way is was designed and position overall good location resenable price and its a great place to stay and ill recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: if you have children l recommend cottage/villa as it has no stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sally d
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Valued guest

Thank you for staying with us.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your holidays in our Resort.

Thank you for your compliment, I will definitely pass to the Team.
Your feedback regarding bathroom is valued for us and I will share this with the team and pleased apologize for this inconveniences.

We hope to welcome you back to our Resort.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My overall impression was good. The room was nice and the pool the highlight. Enjoyed the Indonesian breakfast as well. After reading so many reviews on here where people were upgraded I was disappointed when we were not offered an upgrade but this is nothing I can complain about. I like to be in Tuban, because it is not so busy but in walking distance to the action or a cheap cab ride away.
In our room there was no mosquito problem, of course you will catch one or two every day but that´s normal in the tropics and they spray every 3 days or so. But I must report about giant ants that comethrough the cracks and I killed 5 average per day. The pool is really deep and I loved it. However, in an unobserved moment a child jumped in the pool and could not swim so she drowned! Guests jumped in and saved her life, long before the staff reacted.
Food is good, try the sate special at the pool. However, if you order room service it is more expensive than ordering at the pool. So to save money you can order the food to the pool and they call your room and you come get it. I heard stories about people being charged for bringing food from outside to the room so I used the trashcan in the garden to dispose of it. That is a disgrace! I was not happy with the tour desk. The lady told me, there was no cremation to attend. So I was disappointed but when I found two cremations myself, I was angry at her incompetence. Also, they offered as an activity gamelan class. When I came for it at 3pm as scheduled they said, it´s postponed to 5. Then I came at five and they said it is no longer be given. They removed the sign at the pool briefly but took it back. Then after I complained the next week there was a gamelan class. But that was NOT a class in all the important instruments and music theory but only very basic hammering on one instrument, not a Balinese gamelan orchestra. Since the flight back was at 6am I checked out at 3am. Since I did not want to be bothered with things, I already settled the bill at 9pm the night before and asked for a super fast check out. Then at 3 first thing they brought a box breakfast that I did not order. Then the bell boy who was supposed to help with the luggage did not show up (he was late). Then they made me wait at the reception to check for last minute mini bar consumtion when I was just wanting to leave. Absolutely disgraceful. And here is a huge safety issue: The safety deposit boxes in the back of the reception. Since I read reports that things get stolen from the personal safe in the rooms I decided to leave my valuables there. You do not have to sign a form at all and when opening the box, no ID is checked or signatures taken and compared. So anybody who finds the key if you lose it can have access! Even worse, the safety deposit room is not locked, the door is open and every guest can enter. The hotel´s key is lying on top of the shelf, the one you need as a second key to open the box. I told the clerk I am concerned and to tell the hotel manager. I don´t think he did it so I talked about it with the guest relation officer. That also did not change things. I am looking forward to Rita´s copy and paste response. Still, I give the hotel a "very good" rating because of the great value for money and resort character. I might even be back...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Countrybob

Dear Valued guest

Thank you for your bringing your feedback at TripAdvisor.

There are some parts that we need to upgrade in the future. We are delighted to Thank you for your great valued commends and compliment and pleased apologize for your inconveniences caused.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Resort to deliver better services.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our first experience with the hotel was being told we need to pay an extra $250 up front as a bond. I had spoken to the hotel 3 times the week before arrival (discussing accepting the upgrade they offered us...at the bargain price of an extra $40US a night!!) and they never once mentioned this "new hotel policy" I expressed my anger at this as we had budgeted for each day only to be spoken to like and idiot and be told "new hotel policy" each time I asked why we where never made aware of this. But rest assured it will be refunded in 14 working days.

I also found out that others staying at the hotel where upgraded for free. The same rooms and the same duration of time. Seems they must have overbooked?

Reception was badly understaffed had to wait 10 minutes each time waiting to get help, and rarely got though via phone. When we did get through on the phone we where palmed off to another department.

Had to call maintenance 3 times due to a blocked toilet. The smell was so terrible, we had to leave the room. Maintenance advised us that we need to flush the toilet longer, amazing that a toilet can block due to our fault after one use involving no solids...

The staff are also quick to charge you for every service provided- a cup of ice, bringing toast to our room -during breakfast hours and not allowing us to use our breakfast coupon for this HUGE inconvenience to them- i explained that we where violently sick and couldn't get to the breakfast bar our self's, but that was not there problem.

Pool was nice, very very deep though.

General cleanliness was disgusting. All our curtains and sheets where stained, and after the daily cleaning we often had bins still full and pillows still clustered where we left them (first world problem but thats what you pay for)

The hotel also needs to get a customer relationship manager that speaks English.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Meaghan M
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments at Trip Advisor.
Please be assured we will review all your comments and we will take measures for our shortcoming.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Never again. Our recent short stay was awful due to poor management. Our room wasn't ready so we said we would go and do some shopping after being promised our bags would be stored in the luggage room. It was unbelievable they were exactly where we left them when we returned 5 hours later. No apology - just details on their luggage storage policy - hello?
We had booked a suite pool villa which we found was right alongside a villa that was being re-roofed. We were told they would finish working at 5.00pm. At 5.30pm, after continual nail gun noise and hammering and being treated to a wave from one of the workers when we were in villa garden, we requested a change of rooms. Surprise, surprise, all pool suite villas were occupied - by those fortunate enough to have received an upgrade. It seems they overbook the standard rooms and then offload into the villas. Unfortunately, they don't given any sort of priority to those who have actually paid for a villa.
The property is very old and badly in need of renovation. Our suite room, despite having all the necessary facilities, was in fact quite small and tatty. Also, the pool is strange. There is one very steep step and getting out is difficult. The Manager told us the reception area is about to be renovated but customers would be better served by room renovation.
To add insult to injury we were offered a $14 dollar refund on the room - a figure that came about after much number punching on the calculator - or a set menu dinner in the restaurant. We thought a refund putting our payment in line with those lucky enough to have been given an upgrade would have been much nearer the mark.
The depth of the main pool is a real hazard - it drops directly to 2.4m - very dangerous for young children.
We only had breakfast in the restaurant - it was ok and the standard was in line with that of the rest of the resort.
We chose this location as we wanted to be close to the airport for our return flight - and that is the only advantage we feel it has.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TazmoPerth_WA

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I booked at Rama several months in advance through Expedia. At the time of my purchase it was listed as having check in at noon and free Wi-fi.

After getting up at 3am to catch our morning flight to Bali from Bangkok we arrived at noon. Hoping to get some rest, a change of clothes and checking into our room, we were told that we would have to wait until 2pm. After protesting that this was not acceptable they offered to upsell us to a vacant room.

When I refused to buy the more expensive room, I asked if they had a safe for our valuables such as our phones, passports and wallets. They told us that we could lock our things in our room which we wouldn't have until 2pm.

Overall, this has been a huge disappointment as overall most of the reviews have been positive for this place. Unfortunately, for this vacation to Asia this year, the most expensive stay is also the biggest disappoint with the lowest amount of consideration for it's customers.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank CSP78

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at this resort with small children. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, when ! of the little girl unfortunately fell ill.
Other than that hiishap, we had a lovely time. Great serviice, Good food, and great hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank riya2677
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the compliments.
Glad you enjoyed The Resort
I will share your compliments with all concern.
Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. We booked 2 rooms to accomodate my husband, myself and our 4 children. The hotel is in a pretty good location and the rooms were very spacious. The pool was very good. I liked the separate shallow part for young children and it was great how the main part of the pool was 2.4m deep, this meant that the water didn't get too warm as can happen in shallower pools in such a hot humid climate. There was a huge array of delicious breakfast dishes to choose from. The only negatives were that the bathroom looked quite old and the cleaning of the room was very sub-standard. Also it took quite a long time to get the toilets to flush, probably a common problem all over bali. However given that we booked this hotel for a fantastic price I was pretty happy with our stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ros C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rama Beach Resort and Villa for your holiday.
Appreciate your compliments.
Sure we will review the darker areas and take the necessary action.

Rita

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Amnaya Resort Kuta
Amnaya Resort Kuta
#2 of 253 in Kuta
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel

Been to Rama Beach Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!