“Great time”

Rama Beach Resort and Villas
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in a garden villa and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
We have been to Bali many times over the last 25 years from 3-5 star and this was definately up there with the best.

We did have Transfers at $5.00 a person from the hotel which you can get cheaper but why?
We read that mozzies were a problem and this turned out to be correct, we walked 10metres across the road and picked up a can of raid and some mozzie coils $4.00 problem solved.
If you don't want to pay just ask at the desk and they will come out any time to spray your room.

Breakfast was really good same as most hotels but slightly better with pastries.
pool area was great seemed plenty of chairs
Garden villa room was very good few cracked tiles, very small garden? but all in all was excellent for the cost.
We would recommend this hotel highly and will most likely return. There is a lot of Construction work going on in the area but didn't disturb our time at the hotel.

Eating at the hotel is more expensive than outside ( normal for Bali) considering operating costs etc. Only probem I had was ordering a greek salad with anchovies which of course came without the anchovies and Laksa with quail eggs which came out cheap as chips.
Heap of massage parlours across road from hotel, cheap and good.

Room Tip: Room 105 very good no smells etc
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank review649
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the compliments.
Glad you enjoyed The Resort

There are newer reviews for Rama Beach Resort and Villas

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel was great! Can't fault anything really.... Staff are friendly, food is great, pool is awesome, it's in a quiet location, and only about 2 minutes walk to the beach!! Would recommend to anyone. We stayed in a cottage and it is very spacious and love the "outdoor" shower! Air con was very cold

2  Thank LisaCI17
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the compliments.
Glad you enjoyed The Resort

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was there 6 days with my friend. Interesting things:

- There was no free shuttle bus or taxi from airport. It would have cost 50000 rupias. I denied. Normal taxi was less than 10000 just outside the airport.
- We booked and paid for garden villa and on check in they "upgraded" us to garden villa. Very interesting. And they guy who carried our bags to our villa said that we were very lucky. Seems that they like to upgrade almost everyone, so maybe it's better not to really pay garden villa price like we did.
- We had to pay 500 000 rupias deposit at check in. They should mention it at websites.
- Room was big and beds were cozy. Some mosquitos and electrical repellent didn't help.
- Free water bottles everyday to rooms but no free wifi.
- You could buy wifi-time from reception 20000 rupias / 1 hour or 50 000 rupias / 4 hours or 100 000 rupias / 12 hours.
- Free wifi was available in restaurant if you ordered something for 2 hours.
- Garden & pool area was very beautiful. But no own drinks was ok there. They charged 10 000 rupias to get you one from your minibar or you could buy one from bar (about 40 000 rupias)
- Tennis was a bit expensive: 142 000 / one hour. Court was good. Rackets were old, they should renew grips.
- Always some free chairs in pool area.
- Pool was 2,4 metres deep, but there were few cliffs and stairs where you can sit or lay under water and relax. Also kids pool with waterfalls near was ok to use by chillin' adults also.
- Breakfast was ok, normal 4 stars food.
- Cheap massage (50 000 rupias for full body one hour) near the hotel.
- Staff was very friendly.
- Beach near the hotel isn't that good. No chairs and it's a bit dirty and always empty but of course it's ok if you like peaceful beach. Sand is brown and hard.
- Taxi to Discovery mall is about 7000-10000 rupias and to Legian disco area about 25000-30000 and back at night 50000-80000.
- Australians in the hotel behaved well, respect that. Maybe they were older and with families and party goers were in cheaper places.
- I would stay there again.

2  Thank E_from_Finland

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sparing your time sharing your feedback and bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.

We apologies for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

When My partner and i arrived at midnight at the resort after a very quick drive, we were upgraded to a villa for nothing. The villa was nice and and always cleaned everyday. The staff are very friendly. Food was fantastic. Pool was amazing, could spend a whole day just relaxing in the resort for sure. Pretty much was what i expected for a 4 star resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie992
Rita F, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Value Guest

Thank you for choosing Rama Beach Resort and Villa for your holiday.
Appreciate your compliments.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night as we had an early flight out to Lombok the next morning. Whilst the service was good and the room we had was fantastic, I wouldn't stay here for any more than a night or two. We got upgraded to a premier deluxe cottage and the room was spacious with a fantastic bathroom, clean and really very nice. The pool area was pleasant enough - we had a few snacks at the pool bar which were okay but a little too greasy for my liking.

The location is handy if you need easy access to or from the airport (less than a 5 minute drive), but the beach at Tuban is disgusting so I don't know why people would choose to stay in this area. It's about a 15 minute walk to Waterbom park / Kuta square.

The reason for the low rating is due to the 'rule' of no outside food or drinks allowed to be consumed at the resort, even in the privacy of your own room. They don't actual tell you this at check-in (probably because the check-in staff are to embarrassed), but instead give you a small piece of paper with the rule outlined on it. Not only are you not allowed to eat / drink in the resort or your room, but if you do and leave behind empty bottles or any food packaging, the resort charges you for it as a 'cleaning fee'. We had just checked out of a pool villa in Seminyak and had leftover food and drinks, and we just ate / drank them in our room anyway. But geez I felt like an idiot having to smuggle our rubbish out of our room and into a bin outside the resort so we wouldn't get charged. This really is just the stupidest rule and because of this I wouldn't stay at Rama again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to at least the deluxe cottage room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KTouchstone
RAMABEACHRESORT, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed with 2 friends and we upgraded from 2 delux rooms to one family room which was excellent in size for the 3 of us. A very comfortable king bed at one end and 2 very generously sized comfy singles at the other with a lounge, 2 chairs and TV in between. Also a very good sized bathroom with bath, shower and almost separate toilet. The only down side in the room was small wardrobe storage for 3 to unpack so we left most clothes in our suitcases-a minor issue! The saltiness of the shower water was a bit strange but again no big deal at all. If you are having a bad hair day you can go for a "hair spa" down the street for about $7!!

The staff were amazing, especially in the restaurant where we were on a first name basis after 1 breakfast! The food was excellent and I would highly recommend doing the cooking class so you can take the recipes and a your love of your Balinese food home with you! There were also other great activities like Indonesian conversation class, balinese dancing and basket weaving.
The resort is in a great location, out of the hub of Kuta but only a ten minute walk or $2 taxi trip away. Also great due to proximity to airport, we dashed out to pick up a friend and paid 20,000rp ($2!) and only 5minutes.

The beach is only at the end of the street less than 5 mins walk and right where all the fishing boats are ready to take surfers out to the famous airport reef breaks.
There are many great little cafes for lunch and dinner all within walking distance. Also a great little convenience store across the road for basic supplies and next door to it you can buy a local sim card to make calling home or keeping in touch with friends in Bali very cheap and very easy!

I will definitely stay here again as would my travelling companions. We are already plainning our next trip!

Room Tip: Delux rooms are fine for 2 although there is a slight lack of privacy in the bathroom. We changed 2...
4  Thank Tracy T
RAMABEACHRESORT, Manager at Rama Beach Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Rama Beach Resort and Villa for your holiday.
Appreciate your compliments.
I do agree, the staff are great in satisfying guest needs.
Hope we meet again soon at Rama Beach Resort and Villas.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in September for 8 nights. I can honestly say I have no complaints, however my daughter did suffer from mossie bites, whereas I did not get bitten once and she found the bed too hard, which I guess it was, mind you have slept on much worse in a supposedly 5 star hotel in Koh Samui. The hotel do their best to eradicate the problem by spraying regularly. I don't think it is a problem just with this hotel, reading reviews of other hotels I think it is just something you have to put up with when being in Bali, living in Adelaide we get our fair share of mossies every summer, that's why we have fly screens on doors and windows, so in that respect I don't really think you can complain. The breakfast was always great, with what I believe to be a good selection, but they don't seem to have vegemite, which is unusual as the majority of the guests were Australian. We had lunch most days at the pool restaurant and the food was wonderful. The staff were always extremely polite and helpful throughout the hotel. Check in and out was a breeze. I guess the only thing is the location, it is extremely quiet in Tuban, if it's full on action that you are looking for then this is not the place. If you want a nice quiet hotel but within a matter of minutes via taxi to other areas, then I highly recommend this hotel especially for the price. It is just a short stroll to the beach, which has a fantastic path all the way into Kuta. We strolled that many times either on the way to the Discovery Mall or Kuta, then on the way back. Mind you it is interesting walking along the main road to Discovery Mall. I guess I love the fact that you can walk to Discovery Mall, Kuta etc from this location and either do it via a very busy street or along the beach front. We had a deluxe room, it is was very spacious, cleaned every day, the air conditioner wasn't brilliant, but we coped, shower was over the bath which I don't particularly like, but no big deal. So all in all a good hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Heyjo29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Febri's Hotel & Spa
The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel

Been to Rama Beach Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!