“Value for Money Villas with excellent service!”

Rama Beach Resort and Villas
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Would surely come back!!! Initially, we booked for an overnight stay since we'll be arriving midnight & it's close to the airport. Since we're traveling with our baby, we chose Rama Beach as our transit hotel as we have booked a different Hotel at Seminyak for the next 2 days. Thanks to Tripadvisor after reading good reviews from previous travelers, we shortened our stay at the other Hotel in Seminyak & decided to stay 2N in Rama Beach. It was all worth it & more!!!
Day 1: Check in was a breeze. Booked a Deluxe Room & was better than expected. Room is clean, big with King-sized bed and has mini garden with seating area outside. Obviously newly renovated but I must mention be fair that some of the tiles & bathroom fixtures are not new & some are chipped. I appreciate their initiative that the AC is on when we got to the room so we can comfortable go to sleep after a tiring flight.
Day 2: Had late breakfast. Buffet with food choices & more of breads. Servers are so warm. They offered for my son a high chair & replaced my coffee right away (when they saw I mistakenly put salt & not sugar) without even asking. They would make you feel well taken care.
Since my son loves swimming, we changed & had a dip in the pool. However it didnt take long that we got off because water is cold. How I wished it was heated so we could've stayed longer. :)
Checked out to stay at a Seminyak Hotel. Left some of our lugggage since we're coming back the next day. Staffs were so sincerely accommodating. They always have a smile in their face.

Day 3: Locals are so kind & sincere. Checked out at Seminyak Hotel. Our baby is already sick. Before cheking back again at Rama Beach we decided to bring our son to the hospital. Our good samaritan taxi driver brought us to the hospital & even waited.

Arrived at Rama Beach earlier than Check in time. Advised front desk for early check in if possible & said no rooms
available but will have one readily available once a guest check out. Waited not longer than 30 mins. We were
upgraded to a Pool Villa! That was so nice of them & was really touched. Really thankful for the grant of early check in & overwhelmed for the upgrade. Our Villa at the Seminyak hotel has a private pool too but we paid $200/N for it. I only paid $90/N at Rama Beach but stayed at a Pool Villa worth $280/N. How I wished my son was not sick so that he could have swim as long as he wants. :)

Would surely recommend Rama Beach to anyone I know who goes to Bali & would recommend for everybody to go & experience Bali!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank aliahtravels

Reviewed August 21, 2012

For the money, this resort offers everything the big places do for a fraction of the price. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, the pool was fantastic (nice and deep) and the gardens make the place very relaxing. There is not much on the street outside so we got a taxi everyday to go to Kuta or Legian. There is a little store across the road for drinks and snacks. The rooms were nice and big and so were the bathrooms. Our was clean but could do with a new tile job, but this would only worry the very fussy. The area outside our room was also big and with a wall and garden bed it gave us privacy when sitting outside. The only downside were a lot of mosquiitoes at night, even though they sprayed in the mornings. Already planning to go again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank liveforholidays365
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Have travelled to Bali many times all at different hotels I will go back tho to this one it had it all & was great Value for money book thru agoda or Hotels.com for best value. Brekky excellent keeps you going all day Have stayed at Holiday Inn & would rather go to Rama instead for larger rooms & a Bath. Staff with a smile & pool open till 10pm Lovely. Thanks guys see you next year!

Room Tip: would choose ground floor delux for small private patio.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OzzieDadong
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and a single friend of ours arrived at Rama Beach quite late after our flight and were shown to two bottom of the range rooms – “Superior” rooms, even though we had booked a Deluxe Room and a Garden Villa. As we were entering our room I said to the man carrying our bags that I had booked a Garden Villa and his reply was that this room was better anyway. I think not.

Actually I had booked for my friend through Wotif.com and the deal was an upgrade from a Superior to a Deluxe room.

On inspection of the rooms I went straight to reception to inform them of their ‘mistake’. A discussion ensured in which the young gentleman tried to tell me I had booked a Superior room even though it said quite clearly on the booking slip laid out on the desk in front of us GARDEN VILLA. He also claimed that my friend did in fact have a Deluxe Room.

Now I have been to Bali many times (around 12 in fact) and I have stayed at Rama Beach around 4 times. I am quite familiar with the different types of rooms and what you get for your money.

I have noticed that Rama Beach seems to have done away with Superior Rooms when booking through some websites and are now claiming only Deluxe rooms as the bottom of the range. But there are differences, the main one being the bathrooms – the Superior bathroom is very basic and done in white tiles, a bit yucky looking but adequate, the Deluxe bathroom is so much nicer, the room itself a bit more plush.

It seems to becoming a common thing in Bali for resorts to try to get away with plonking you in a cheaper room even though you have paid for a better room. So just to let you know with Rama Beach – all the Deluxe Rooms are in the northern wing of the resort. If your room is in the wing on the Eastern side of the resort and has a white tiled bathroom you are in a Superior room. Make sure you get what you pay for.

In the end all was sorted out to our satisfaction. The only other comments I would make was that the breakfast has become rather repetitive and one morning the waiter was quite rude in getting us some coffee at 10.15 am saying breakfast was over when in fact it states quite clearly on the breakfast vouchers it is until 10.30.

Other than that we again had a great stay at Rama Beach and we most likely will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ausrose
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Was travelling on my own, after reading reviews on trip advisor, decided this would be just the place. My impression on arrival was the place was very nice. Didn't get upgraded, as so many other reviewers seem to have been,and maybe this has clouded judgement of this hotel.
Front desk staff on my arrival, seemed vague & disinterested in checking me in. Check in drink was lukewarm. Had booked a deluxe room, was taken up a large flight of stairs, to room. Yes, rooms were spacious & well presented, but when I looked further, there were cracked tiles in bathroom & the bath was not very inviting. Towels were supposed to white, but were grey, with some of them having stains. Balcony was good, overlooking garden villa's. didn't hear much street noise. Very quiet, but still walking distance to Kuta & beach, or catch a taxi.
Restaurant was nice, breakfast good & so too dinner's, I had there. Pool area was nice, just make sure you get there early, people place towels on lounges, leave for hours & then come back. Staff in restaurant,poolside & security were wonderful. Some updating of rooms, especially the bathrooms & towels needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nicholettes
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Only stayed one night however the hotel staff were very good. The pool area looked very comfortable. Will stay again and longer on next trip. When we were leaving the hotel tranported us to the airport for free.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karsha2148
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It was our first time in Bali and weren't sure where to stay. We came across the hotels website and were very impressed. We booked a deluxe room with an early bird special. We were extremely happy with the location, Very quiet part of Bali but still walking distance or very short and cheap cab ride from everything. The room was very spacious and clean. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin so we could hear everything next door and were woken during the night when our neighbours came home. The bathroom cleanliness was not amazing but was bare able. There was a horrible smell in the bathroom most days but you probably get that every where you go in Bali. We just kept the bathroom door shut and it was fine. The staff were always friendly and said hello when they walked past and by the time we were leaving they called us by our first names. The pool is amazing!!! Very clean and well looked after. We were disappointed that the swim up bar had been converted to a massage area but there was a bar 2m away from the pool anyway!! My only complaint is people would put towels on pool chairs in the morning but were no where to be seen. One family reserved 5 chairs in the morning while we were using the pool. We left for the day (with our towels) and came back to the pool several hours later to find the chairs with the towels still on. Not thinking much of it until an hour later or so this same family walked by the pool with heaps of shopping and grabbed the towels and left without even using the pool!! The resort should advise everyone that you can only reserve the chairs if you are using the pool area especially when you aren't even in the resort for the day!! There is also Balinese dancing by the pool 2 times a week which was really nice to watch. We were very happy with our stay and we are already talking about staying again next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Ah21c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
Amnaya Resort Kuta
Amnaya Resort Kuta
#2 of 252 in Kuta
Febri's Hotel & Spa
The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali

Been to Rama Beach Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!