“Great Kuta Hotel”

Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Its difficult to choose a hotel in a location which seems to teem with many great properties but I believe we made a good choice with the Santika Premiere Beach Resort in Kuta Bali. 5 minutes from the airport, right on Jalan Santika, the hotel's grounds lead on to the Kuta Beach at one end, and is within walking distance from the Kuta attractions on the other.

We booked a triple Premiere room and were delighted to find how spacious it was. A fault in the air conditioning required that we move and the staff obliged immediately, changing us to a better room, one flight up from the pool area and with the balcony almost above the pool!

The grounds are beautiful and spread out over a wide area. There is plenty of greenery, flowering plants, fish ponds, and even some ducks waddling by!! Its a short walk down to the beach where the hotel puts out loungers and offers service.

Breakfast, which was included in our package, was a wide array of Western, Indonesian, hot, cold, local fruits and served in a beautiful open-on-all-sides restaurant on the 1st floor. The great thing is they let you linger, and the staff is ever smiling.

The property has free wifi, and its available even when you are sitting on the beach!! Do ask for the password once you check in.

I believe the hotel is to undergo major renovations and will be closing for a couple of years; it could do with some upgradation of services but we didn't really have much to complain about. I do hope they retain the landscaping elements though..........those added to the charm of the property.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book the Beach Front Suites. Otherwise the Premiere Rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love the atmosphere of this hotel. They have cool garden and there's a beach behind the hotel. You will forget your time if you stay here. The room was so large with complete compartment. Breakfast was good and complete enough. I definitely will come back to this hotel if I visit Bali again. One problem is we waited so long when we checked in because all rooms was full. But we spent the time by enjoying the view from the cafe while waited the room.

Room Tip: Room in second floor larger than first floor, but the design in the first floor is more beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I last stayed at the Santika in July which was my 4th stay at this resort.The friendly staff and the relaxing ambience of the resort always ensured my return. The premiere rooms are spacious and being on the ground floor was only a few metres from the pool. I loved having my happy hour drinks down at the Sands watching the sun go down. Perfect location , close enough to restaurants, massage and shops but just far enough away from the centre of Kuta. Knowing that they will be demolishing the resort is quite sad......it could of used a spruce up in areas but overall a well looked after and clean resort. A 500 plus room hotel , I believe will not have the same Balinese ambience and feel that the Santika has.......

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yarni71
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't have the history that many guests have while staying at the Santika yearly or often over many years. However, Santika Beach Tuban has always been one of my favourite places with combination of beautiful grounds, convenient beach access, very good breakfast inclusive, pleasant rooms, and very lovely friendly staff from garden to guard to kitchen to room cleaning. Always a smile and happy to help out. So Santika as we know it is closing and rebuilding with an anticipated high rise with 500 rooms or guests. The ambiance that attracted us all over the past years will no longer exist. But I will say that I hope some of the very lovely staff are still here but only if working at Santika is beneficial for them and their families. Remains to be seen next year. Thank you to the people of Santika who have made my stay so pleasant in the past. I wish you well for your future. Heather

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank azuredeeppool
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at the Santika and our second in a premier room (we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a bungalow the first time). The premier rooms are very spacious and comfortable. What we enjoyed about them the most was the handy access to the pool. There is a very friendly atmosphere around the pool with lots of guests having stayed at this resort over many years. The staff are beautiful and remembered us from our previous stays. It is very sad that many of these people will be without jobs whilst the renovations are taking place. The Santika is ideally located within walking distance to Discovery Mall and Waterbomb Park.

Room Tip: Ground floor premier room or bungalow.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If I wrote Hard Rock Hotel Bali creates fun atmosphere, Santika has decent ambience. Very Indonesia and quiet. Breakfast was really good. Hotel staff were helpful and very sensible with disable people. Also, the services is good. I left my power bank and they sent it to me in Jakarta, free of charge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deeJakarta
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We are staying here at the moment....if you have a future booking, see if it's not too late to cancel.
Firstly I have to say, we have stayed here several times over the past 10 years. Other than beds being a little firm, no complaints.
this time, it's as though there has been a change in management, and they would love your stay to be as miserable as possible.
our room - we are travelling with friends, so have booked a Deluxe room in the same area. First impressions on entering the room are....smells horrible. has been sprayed with some ghastly chemical product, as though to rid the room of other smells. Dirty, dated curtains. Cracked and worn old tiles on the floor. Noisy air conditioner, that does not cool our room properly. The hard lumpy bed is as inviting as a camp bed. the bathroom ....dated and old. we had a swim this afternoon, and the umbrellas are full of holes and faded, pool service slow and unreliable. Yuk. Sadly, I don't have one nice thing to say about anything. We are trying to sleep, but we have a noisy family next door, loud music from outside, and chairs scraping ( perhaps from the room above? ) Sleep is impossible. The Santika I used to love no longer exists, and we won't be back - ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Travebug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#42 of 252 in Kuta
The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali

Been to Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali? Share your experiences!