“Perfect week”

Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just spent a perfect week in Bali staying at the Santika. We could not fault our room, staying in a Garden Bungalow. Beautiful decor excellent bathroom and also a outdoor bathroom with hot water. We were probably about 50/60 meters from the beach. Breakfast was the best I have ever had in Bali and as I have been traveling to Bali for over 25 years it is just yummy. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my second trip to Bali, and the first time at this hotel
(I was invited to attend the wedding of my cousin).
Many of the wedding party also stayed at this location.
Rooms were a bit outdated but clean, and there is no elevator
(my room was on the second floor), but the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Wifi is free, unlike some other hotels I stayed in.
Breakfast and room service is very good.
Grounds are well groomed, and swimming pool is excellent.
Great walkway to the close-by beach.
I sure can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the ground floor, preferable near the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were here for our honeymoon and I couldnt have asked for a better place to spend the best moments with my wife. The hotel is huge and with beautiful surroundings. Perfect beaches exclusive to the resort. The Beachfront suites is where we stayed for a few days and the cost was worth it. You can enjoy the best of sunsets sitting right in from your own Beach suites and spend a good amount of time relaxing by the beach.

I must say the hotel staff were very very warm and took care of every demands of ours.
A very high recommendation from my side for this place.

Room Tip: Beachfront suite is the best available from the Resort, but Premier rooms are also very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krishna R
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is one of the originals in Bali, the layout is beautiful with nice gardens and a large swimming pool. Location is good, close to the airport and the shops of Kuta/Legian. We were upgraded to a family room with outdoor bathroom which was large and comfortable. We were also given use of a room after checkout as we had a late night flight, it was only 30 minutes but enough for a shower and quick change after the pool. There are renovations taking place at the end of the year, it is sad that these original resorts are being rebuilt as the Kuta/Legian strip is turning into a concrete jungle. Mass tourism gone crazy!!!!!

Great hotel thats peaceful and the staff are fantastic. Enjoy while you can.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rockstar
Reviewed February 6, 2013

PRO- close to the airport, hotel beach, walking distance to the discovery mall & many restaurants, nice staff, good breakfast, pool is great.
CON- damp & smelly room, tiny bathroom, traffic jam at times.
Better than average but many other good hotels in bali,too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mukk70
Reviewed January 27, 2013

As first time Bali visitors, we relied upon a friend's advice and Trip Advisor reviews in choosing this hotel for our family holiday - I wish we hadn't.

It is in a poor location - miles to drive anywhere interesting in hideous traffic or walk in unbearable heat. The rooms are tired and the bathroom is tiny and basically inadequate. You cannot swim at the beach near the hotel - the pools are however fabulous. The incessant gamelan played in the foyer drove me insane and the obsequiousness of the staff was annoying.

We made the mistake of ordering room service one night - it was not as described on the menu (potatoes instead of fries etc), tasted dreadful and took ages to arrive. The breakfast buffet was good but you need to be very careful not to overeat because it leaves you feeling ill for the rest of the day.

All in all, I did not think much of Bali (the beaches are filthy and the poverty of the people is overwhelming).

I will probably not travel to Bali again but if I do, I will stay in Seminyak or Legian and definitely not at Santika Premiere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fanlet
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have been to Bali many times since 1983 and have stayed in losmens as well as luxury hotels. Trips have included very quiet and remote locations but, this time for family reasons, we went to Tuban.

The Santika is "tired" and I understand due for extensive renovations later this year.

Head Butler Sikar went out of his way to be helpful and we are very grateful to him. An Assistant Manager was also very kind.

However, relative to its competitors, the Santika is far too expensive and represents poor value for money. The food, again relatively, is quite average and also expensive. Drinks are also too pricey.

The staff, in the main, were very good - as is usually the case in Bali - even though the salaries are less than modest.

There are just so many accommodation options in Bali that I could not find a valid reason to stay here again - unless the cost was halved.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Comparisons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
#42 of 251 in Kuta
Four Points by Sheraton Bali Kuta
Bali Garden Beach Resort
The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali

Been to Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali? Share your experiences!