“Awesome resort”

Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have just come back from staying 10 nights in a deluxe room. Amazing resort with all the facilities that are required. The best breakfast we've ever seen. The staff were amazing, friendly and always had a smile on there face. They were only too happy to help with what ever u needed. Ours towels were changed twice a day. The gardens were amazing, always clean and kept tidy. The main pool area was just amazing also. Overall a beautiful resort to stay at.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room for 2 adults and a 5 year old. It was good enough for us.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Luisa S

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have just had seven nights at the Santika,the first two being in a Premier room overlooking the beautiful pool with swim up bar,the biggest bed i have ever seen.
Went for a walk and discovered the beach front suites so decided to upgrade for the remainder of our stay.these suites are amazing with beautiful rooms,bathroom,and 24 hour butler service.We have never experienced such service and amenities with our frequent trips to Bali.
There are 8 suites all with private plunge pools and a general area that only caters for suite guests.
Breakfast was amazing,being delivered to your suite or going off to the buffet.
It was the most romantic experience i have ever come across,from very attentive service through to complimentary afternoon teas .
We will be back as this resort is a wonderful place for that well earned getaway.

2  Thank TLM-Terrigal
Reviewed May 17, 2012

They succeed maintain the traditional ambiance of Indonesia in the hotel theme. Our room was in front of the children pool, and yes it was a plus plus point for us traveling with 1 year old infant. He loves to swim. The minus side, it was way too far to the beach, but i consider it as a short warmup before headed to the beach. The hotel is very quite and peaceful, even tough they located at the heart of Tuban & Kuta Area. The breakfast was the best i can get after stay at hotel in Denpasar area. The staff was really pleasant. you can get three times a day room cleaning. It was great, since our kiddo really actively running here and there. The beach was also great with minimum disturb, and a nice sandy beach. I will surely get back to here for a getaway.

Room Tip: Find room in the middle of the facilities, in front of the main pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

world class resort staff excellent friendly a complete resort something for everyone we could all learn how this resort runs first impressions are the grounds and towards the beach area the bungalows beautifully laid out. Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort 10 out of 10

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the smaller of the pools quite and relaxing
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family, all long-time Bali fans say this was the best overall resort they've visited and will be back again.Since I'm an "octo", I can but hope to do the same but meanwhile, let me recommend this oasis of peace in busy South Kuta.
This is a genuine beach resort , with a generous frontage of clean sand, a new beach-front bar- restaurant The Sands, which I highly recommend ( speak,to tall Oka, he mixes a mean cocktail) also a new beach-front spa, excellent but pricey.
We used two spacious pools ( I believe there are three) which never seem crowded and the grounds are simply superb, acres of green grass, every fallen leaf picked up, it seemed and such a happy green army keeping it immaculate.The in-line family of four ducks
Although the airport is only 10 minutes south and the runway end quite visible at night, there is no aircraft noise and very little traffic noise at all.
We experienced three levels of accommodation ( having upgraded to the spacious beach villas with gracious four-poster queen sized beds, until the younger half returned home) and each was excellent for its level. In fact, my eldest daughter, who stayed on to give the old bloke a few more days,, said our two linked deluxe rooms.opening onto the pool area were as good as any she'd stayed in. But she lamented we lost our face washers, bathroom scales, bathrobes and ice bucket once we downgraded!
The restaurants were bright and cheerful, with attentive supervisors in the Wayan or breakfast restaurant, which offered a range of good food choices, Asian and Western in copious quantities, whatever time one ate and there were plenty of eggs! The Sands Restaurant on the beach offered indoor-outdoor eating under the palms with very good service. Not cheap, but affordable and of a reasonable standard.
We must commend the manager, who was most helpful with the regrading in both directions, so it wasn't just about revenue.
Now for the staff... what can you say about such a smiling, cheerful, helpful and totally delightful group of people dedicated to your service and comfort... and they weren't all young
either..
In all respects, a highly;y satisfactory beach resort to suit all types of visitors, offering easy access to busy Kuta and beyond at very affordable rates for each class of accommodation.

Room Tip: Ground floor corner deluxe rooms (116&117) were top value, quiet & close to beach and pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mac C
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed in a premiere room on the 3rd floor. The hotel grounds are pretty big, and the premiere rooms were the closest to the street access but furthest away from the beach access and furthest away from Sands, the beach bar/restaurant. We had a nice sized balcony with a great view of the premiere pool. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was huge and comfy and we had a separate living area that was separated by stairs. The bathrooms were clean enough but seem a little outdated and might need an refurbishment soon. They also provided free pickup from and to the airport (which is not a big deal as it is only about 10 minutes away from the airport) and they also provide free wifi which worked wonderfully from our room. The rooms also come with an electric mozzie repellent, safety box, and fridge which was wonderful.

Our package deal came with free daily laundry services and a free massage which was lovely. My boyfriend and I did a couples massage. Although it was heavenly, it was not worth the 330,000 rupiah per person that they normally charge, as you can probably find better massages for much cheaper in the area.

The breakfast buffet was awesome! It was hard not to overeat as they had a wide selection of food. They had an omelet station, waffles, nasi goreng and mie goreng, an assortment of toasts and bread, bacon, and much much more. We ordered drinks at the restaurant/bar located next to the beach access and it was fairly overpriced which is expected at a hotel bar.

The staff and service at this hotel was exceptional. Everyone made us feel welcome and were always friendly with their smiling faces. The staff at Sands restaurant were very nice and friendly. You can tell they like to practice their English.

Overall, our stay at Santika was pleasant and very relaxing. The location was great, as we could walk to the mall and there were a lot of restaurants and marts within walking distance. I do think the rooms are tad bit over priced but this being my first time in Kuta, I have nothing to compare this hotel to.

3  Thank SuzieQ154
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Having booked at this hotel based on the results on Trip advisor I have to say I was seriously dissappointed. On arrival at reception which consisted of two desks in an offset part of the lobby, I was registered and duly shown to my Premiere room , which despite one email and a lengthy phone call direct to the hotel requesting ground floor accommodation,close to my two friends, due to a poor orthopaedic situation, I was shown to a room furthest away from facilities and my friends were allocated a room on a seperate floor, not within bulls roar of mine. That brings us to breakfast, if you were not at breakfast by 8.30 the food on offer was very limited, egg station with two chef's, catering for an etremely large number of guests was any thing but speedy, by the time the eggs were done toast was stone cold or vice versa. arrived one morning at 9.15 and a great number of tables had already been cleared and we had to have one set, considering the breakfast ended at 10.30 this is hardly acceptable. Not everyone wants to go on holidays and have to race out of bed at the crack of dawn just so you get Pole position at Brekky. Moving on to possibly the worst part of our stay, three families with some older children moved into the three rooms beside mine and on the first night I was rudely subjected to a massive amount of throwdowns (crackers) being used right beside my room, not to be outdone by the kids the Mums and Dads had a go, drinking, arguing and abusing each other until 2.30 am. I am no prude but there was no consideration for the many other guests, many with very young children. A complaint registered with reception next morning was to no avail. Our last day there was ruined by these low class people drinking around the pool for hours, which escalated into an all out confrontation amongst family members, with language so foul, aggressive behaviour towards each other which left not one person under any misapprehension as to their so called friendships. Most people grabbed their children and scampered.management were conspicuous by their absence. Moving on to positives, the staff were some of the most friendly and obliging I have encountered in the 30 years I have been travelling to this Beautiful destination. I have stayed at many resorts sice I have been going there from 3 star to 5 star in Sanur, Nusa Dua, Ubud,Seminyak,Legian,Kuta and Tuban,my husband and children sharing most of those experieces and this is the first time I have been so terribly dissappointed, so much so that I felt compelled to put this on Trip Advisor. The first negative report from me. My advice is value for money ($150 a night ++) look elsewhere

Room Tip: I was in Room 321 eventually and it was a great location for me
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank snaggledraws54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
#41 of 251 in Kuta
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa
The Anvaya Beach Resort Bali
Rama Beach Resort and Villas

Been to Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort Bali? Share your experiences!