“Great Experience”

and up
Balinese Rijsttafel Dinner at Warung Nia
Ranked #1 of 22 Tours in Tuban
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I did this tour 2 years ago but am still recommending it to friends.
I loved the market tour and also that it was hand on to do the cooking and
we all ate it for lunch. Fantastic.

3  Thank DebraJaneC
in 5 reviews
"great morning"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2012

So pleased we did this, apart from lazing by the pool this was the highlight of my trip to Bali.. Great for all ages, we had mums, friends and husbands and everyone got fully involved. We were collected from our villa right on time and taken to the market and introduced to the local ingredients - was an experience, thankfully the boys were not too hungover so their stomachs coped - just.. Hahaha.. Teacher was excellent, great English, memorised all our names and gave loads of interesting tips and facts about different uses for all the fruits and herbs etc both for cooking and medicinal.... Once we had finished the cooking (don't worry you get to do just the right amount as the staff are brilliant, those dirty used woks just disappear!!!!) you get to sit down and eat it all, a mega amount of delicious food oh and a bintang or 3...... Do it you won't regret it.

2  Thank SusanneOud
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Anika cooking school. We learnt how to make many dishes and were provided with a recipe book to take home. After the cooking was complete we feasted on our deliciously, fresh, flavoursome dishes.

A really good day.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I highly recommend a visit to Anika Cooking Class! I attended the morning class with a friend and we both found it to be a most enjoyable and informative day. We were picked up from our hotel and driven to the Food Markets to learn about the ingredients used in Balinese cooking. The cooking school itself was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful, making sure everyone got to participate in the preparation and cooking of the food which tasted amazing!! It was lovely to share the meal we prepared with the instructor and other class participants in such a beautiful setting. Cold drinks were available for a very reasonable price and my friend and I each purchased a lovely apron embroidered with the Anika logo to take home as a memento of our day! I would love to visit again...it's a great Balinese experience!!

2  Thank LeanneM1965
See more reviews
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went for the morning cooking class as I was keen to go to the local market. It was an eye opener and I even managed to get a few local ingredients to bring back. The cooking was well explained, funny and hands on. At the end we all had our delicious cooked food to savour....yummy! Would highly recommend and shall return to try cooking for another day for different recipes.