“Food disappointing”

Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Tuban
Cuisines: Indonesian, Mediterranean, Australian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Boardwalk Restaurant, The Boardwalk Restaurant offers fine authentic Mediterranean Cuisine in a stunning beach front setting right on Kuta's beautiful beach, where offering fantastic value meals and great service is the key to our success. The warm & friendly atmosphere makes you feel welcome each and every time you stay with us. Within a multi decking layout embracing its own stretch of white sand beach, The Boardwalk Beach Club incorporates several distinct dining concepts that evolve during the course of the day. From mid morning onwards the restaurant serves a casual yet extensive Mediterranean inspired menu items and beverages as guests soak up the sun around the pool or on the beach. The Boardwalk Beach Club at sunset becomes a cool spot to lounge on cushioned sofas and chill out on the front decks. A wide selection of beverages and a Tapas menu, also swings into action in the twilight hours. Perfect for family and friends and private celebrations, this space endorses Bali's laid-back tropical island lifestyle. Open daily for resort guests as well as members of the public; The Boardwalk Beach Club is all about personal relaxation and having a good time!
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Location is amazing & worth the visit just to sit & watch the sunset. However food was disappointing, spring rolls were nice, seafood platter was very average & would not buy again, sate chicken ok but not great, although food is very reasonably priced. Staff were fantastic as always. Would try this restaurant again due to its location & the fact that they receive so many good reviews, we may have just been unlucky.

BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Boardwalk Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Kate2112,
Warmest Greeting from Boardwalk Restaurant...

I really appreciate your review and we have also certainly addressed the issues you experienced regarding of our food consistency.

Thank you for taking time to provide us with such valuable feedback, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant was a true find on our recent trip to Bali. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Baruna it is well worth the 10 minute beach stroll up to this restaurant. Had several meals at this restaurant over lunch and dinner. Service was fantastic, they actually brought out entree's first as opposed to with our mains or after it as we experienced with other restaurants. The location it brilliant, basically on the beach. Each night we were there fireworks were let off out the front which the kids loved. The menu was extensive and it didn't matter if you ordered Indonesian food or Western food it was all great. There is a great kids menu and everything is reasonably priced given the quality of the service, standard of food & location etc. Will definitely be on our must visit again list when next we are in Bali.

Dear Ian W,
Warmest Greeting from Boardwalk Restaurant...

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic time at Boardwalk Restaurant.
I will pass on your comments to the Boardwalk team and again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

we enjoyed ice cold beer, great service by friendly staff and had very nice fish and chips and Indonesian rice. the fish was snapper that was cooked perfectly and the rice accompanied by chicken satays were really good. nice outlook over the water....worth a visit.

1  Thank randfl
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Boardwalk Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear randfl,
Warmest Greeting from Boardwalk Restaurant...

Thank you for you wonderful comments on the restaurant. I have passed on your remark to the chef and the team and I also have personally thanked the team for their service dedication.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Boardwalk Restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

So happy with everything at this restaurant. Beautiful ambience with waves crashing right in front of you. Great food and very reasonable prices. Love the fact that you can get nice wines (NZ sav blanc) here for reasonable prices unlike other places in Bali. Really miss nice wines whilst in Bali!

BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Boardwalk Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Larsie777,
Warmest greeting from Boardwalk Restaurant...

We are delighted to serve you as our guest and I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

As an opener the staff were initially very inviting and friendly. It changed once you sat. They are tired and probably over worked. I have no idea if they get tips or get to keep them - they seemed jaded to me.

The food on my first visit was good, not so the second visit. Same dish which I had enjoyed the first time tasted and looked completely different the second time -so inconsistent.

The position on the beach is pretty much unrivalled and that is its attraction.

Dear Kate2112,
Warmest greeting from Boardwalk Restaurant...

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am concerned that, whilst you enjoyed your time there were aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my most sincere apologies - I am very sorry we did not correct these issues whilst you were visiting.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to change your impression. I would be pleased if you could kindly contact me direct on by email at smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order for us to see how we can improve your next visit.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.