“Great value for money”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Tuban
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great value for money”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the last 2 nights of our stay in Bali. We were upgraded to a bigger room on arrival which had a very comfortable lounge with cosy couch. Our room was very clean and spacious. The breakfasts were fine, omelettes or eggs however you want them, pancakes, Asian dishes, fruit etc. staff were all lovely. Spa massage was really good !!! Hotel manager let us hold on to our room until 9pm with a minimal small surcharge before free drop off at the airport. Had a really tasty meal in the restaurant prior to leaving. Pools were clean and nice. Good wifi access. Free shuttle to Discovery mall which is fantastic for shopping and eating and is right on Kuta beach. No complaints about this hotel particularly as the price was so good. Perfect for first arriving in Bali or prior to leaving.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Heidinewzealand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the radiant for one night only as we arrived quiet late so we needed a place to sleep at before we went to our resort!!

The only thing I can sugest is that you should not stay here!

On arrival the service was avrege, we got taken to our room that was supposed to be "deluxe" or "supreme" with a pool view!! Room was a good size but dirty! And no pool view, Floor Tiles had dark scratches on them, the table was dusty, the sheets had this slightly yellow color, the walls were bare.

The bathroom was the worst i've seen in a while, the bench around the sink was dirty and needed a wipe, the shower was filthy, like mouldy in the corners and had this yucky non slip mat to stand on that appeared more brown than black, i had to use thongs inside the shower!! And the tiles around the toilet bowl appeared stained and corners were black! And the actuall shower had minimal water coming out of it!

Ohhh and the "buffet breakfast" consisted of toast, noodles and rice !

There are 2 pools that no one was using and they looked pretty avrege too!

So my advice is not to stay here and avoid it if you can!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Djuka_c

Travelers are raving about these Tuban hotels

amsterdam
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Booked this hotel as I needed 3 times a one night stay next to the airport in Denpasar. Radiant exceeded my expectations: large room and bathroom, best beds I had over the last month, nice pools, airport pick up service, downtown shuttle and very friendly staff. All at a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Though free wifi is offered on the premises, rooms closest to reception have in room coverage.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank submarines
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I needed a place to stay so that we could catch an early flight to Labuan Bajo, instead of driving down from our base in Ubud. The Radiant Hotel worked out perfectly for us.

This is strictly a hotel for those in transit -- it is located just five minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport, with free shuttle service (only if you book ahead), but far away from any other point of interest in Bali. (The location is so remote, in fact, that it took our driver 15 minutes driving around the back streets in Tuban in order to find it, despite getting directions from the front desk over the phone).

Rooms are functional, but nothing to write home about. Breakfast is basic - sliced fruit, toasted white bread, and eggs.

The room was more expensive than what we are accustomed to paying in Bali, but offering less. But the convenience to the airport and the free shuttle service make it worth the extra cost.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Romsey
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a week. To be honest, as our driver took us to the location of our hotel it was behind a ba k alley and I automatically felt unsafe to walk to and from the hotel as there is no lighting.

However, as I arrived to the hotel it looked really nice. But, the rooms was a big disappointment. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures. The shower is run down with paint work clearly needing work done. The bathroom itself was horrible. I felt uneasy when showering. The towels and bedsheets were tidied every day by the maids but we're not changed on a daily basis.

This brings me to the next point, although the room was average the tables weren't cleaned daily as there were dust on the table. The maids never checked the tissue to see whether we needed more tissue. On several occasions we had to request tissue. But these were brought to us promptly when requested.

The location of the hotel isn't at its best. Yes, its close to the airport but it was about 30 minutes walk away from the closest shopping mall and from places where we could get food. The hotel provided free shuttle buses to go to the Discovery Shopping Mall which was good as everything was close by. However, once you missed these buses then you would need to catch a taxi.

Breakfast was very minimal. The only selection you have is fried rice, noodles, pancakes and toast. There were a few occasions where we requested for fried eggs. Seems like this was a they has. So I only had breakfast there if I needed to - which was only twice.

The staff however are all very friendly and well mannered. They were very friendly and always asked how we was and always said hello or good morning.

The spa wasn't too bad itself. In my opinion, it was cheap and they had happy hour on weekdays. The massages were good and I couldn't complain about the spa itself.

All in all a good hotel for a budget holiday, but if you are looking for a good hotel, I would not suggest this one.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sushiii_x
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have booked The Radiant Hotel and Spa in quite a last minute (few days before my arrival) for the transit offer as I were arriving in midnight about 2.30am in Denpasar airport.
The journey start very badly due to there is no pick up can be arranged by the hotel. A little bit strange as I called up to the resort and a gentlemen tell me they can arrange with additional charges USD 10, but when I liaise email with reservation department - Yuni and they mention cannot be arrange after 10pm but she did inform me the average rate , this is hard to have in bargain if you are a foreigner. The airport taxi offered with 400000RPH for just a short journey (less than 5mins from airport) and you will need to start bargain in your first of the day , furthermore is very early morning at 2.30am until they drop the price.

But things getting better once I reached the resort. A very good hotel service and nice staff I met in the reception which he offered me the room nearest to the reception (111 if I'm not mistaken), they might considered I was traveling alone and arrived in so late night. Resort is full WIFI accessible which allow me to contact my lovely family once I arrived. They even provide me the breakfast voucher which originally is not included in my package or maybe they provided wrongly.
The staff there even in the restaurant is amazing. They smile and greet every single guest that walk in/pass by to the restaurant and this bright up my day and my trip.
If you are staying in Denpasar for few days or overnight for any flight, this hotel is good to be consider.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank P1103Ong
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We picked this hotel due to its proximity to the airport. It is very close & the airport shuttle is a great included service. Breakfast is basic, but adequate. There are 2 pools to swim in & the rooms look pretty nice & modern, but ...

We arrived late & pretty much climbed into bed. Much to our disgust, when we got up in the morning, we noticed that the sheets on the bed were marked with food & coffee stains. The food was still crusty on the duvet cover & clearly had not been changed since the last guest! We reported this to reception, who were apologetic & the room cleaning supervisor did look almost as horrified as us, but the hotel manager clearly didn't take the matter very seriously. Through the receptionist, we were offered a 10% discount, which was then increased to 20%, which if you're the person who slept in a strangers sheets does not seem like sufficient compensation.

So whilst the hotel seems good value for money, they clearly skimp on basics such a room cleaning. This is not a place we would either recommend or return to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 306KarenK306
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
HARRIS Hotel Tuban
H Sovereign Bali
H Sovereign Bali
#46 of 251 in Kuta
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to The Radiant Hotel and Spa & Airy? Share your experiences!