“Close to the airport, but…”
Review of Anika Guest House

and 1 more site!
Anika Guest House
Ranked #7 of 22 Tuban B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Close to the airport, but…”
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Booked this as it was close and convenient to the airport and we had an early flight... Nice idea but this guest house misses the point.

First the restaurant was only open for breakfast and we were gone before it opened. To get dinner we had to taxi to Kuta, so we should have just stayed there.

Second, they only do airport drop-offs close to buisness hours which defeated the reason for us staying here!

Kuta is close enough to the airport, find a place there.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Pounamu-s

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 22, 2012

A perfect one night stay for transit through Bali with a free airport shuttle and very friendly staff who were more than happy to fetch us some snacks and drinks after a long flight.
The guesthouse is small and quaint with modern rooms and décor. Very clean and breakfast on the roof terrace is a treat.

Located only 5 minutes from the airport yet seemed so quiet. Recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We didn't stay in the accommodation but were picked up from Ubud. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the class.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GourmetGetaways0
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We paid 550,000 rupiah to stay here (superior room). They have a new apartment about 20metres from the guesthouse. This is the new rooms.

Beds very comfortable, has LCD tvs. You can get picked up and dropped off at the airport for free. The trip to airport is only 5minutes so really close. They let us check in super early at 630am without incurring any extra costs which was amazing. They also dropped us off at Discovery Mall for free and we shopped around there and the Kuta, Legian, Seminyak area then took a taxi back for around 35,000 rupiah.

Great breakfast the next morning. Authentic Bali/Indonesian food here cooked on the spot when you order as opposed to those baymaries. I would have to say the most authentic nasi goreng and mee goreng i had on the trip. ie - has that kecap manis taste to it.

Only negatives is shower is the handheld one and pressure very weak. Also some ants on the floor but none on the bed. No big deal really. Air conditioner is new one and worked a treat.

All in all, great place for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank studlim
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We didn't stay at the guest house, but my boyfriend and I went to the spa on our third day in Bali and the cooking class with the market tour a few days later.

We went to the spa in the late evening, which was lovely and calming. The garden which it is situated in is absolutely beautiful, and I wish I could have taken a couple of photos! The foot spa was nice and the body massage was very relaxing. We also had a body scrub in our package, which made our skin nice soon after, though the next morning my sensitive skin was showing with red, itchy lumps all over my legs (so a little warning to people with sensitive skin!) I love how after we also got some ginger tea after everything, and the staff were friendly, which helped give the place a good atmosphere.

The Balinese cooking class, which is a little further up the small road from the spa was also a nice experience. It started early in the morning, with a trip to the market and learning about different foods and seeing how things are sold fresh each day. It was later that my boyfriend and I cooked in a group of 12 people with a wide range of ages and enjoyed our time learning about the different processes and cooking the Balinese way before trying each of the things we cooked and some very interesting things prepared for us. Must say that most of the foods were very spicy, but very tasty and our guide was very entertaining which gave a positive atmosphere and many laughs!
I'd warn about anyone who has trouble climbing sets of stairs though; those steps were so big and steep!! Being little, I almost had to climb up like a toddler does.

All up, the Anika group is wonderful, and extra thumbs up for the free transport from your hotel to the destinations. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank TinyLittleSilver
Ulladulla, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The food tasted amazing, the instructions were great and the company good, and although I learnt heaps and enjoyed the feast we cooked, the experience resulted in 2 days of food poisoning. It was the second last day of our trip and the last meal I ate so I have no doubt the "bali belly" situation I found myself in was definitely due to the food we cooked in the class. Food was pre-prepared and may have been sitting out before the class - I suspect either the chicken or the beef.....A further shock came previously to the belly ache and hot sweats - the bill was strangely inflated by an extra $25 on the quoted price......beware the Anika Cooking Class!

Room Tip: Try another cooking class