I'll be honest, when my wife told me we were staying at the Holiday Inn in Tuban, I was not overly excited with the prospect as my past experiences with this chain have not always been good ones. However, I am really pleased to say that I was horribly wrong in my misgivings.
Check in was a breeze and the staff greeted us with warm and friendly smiles. Our bags were pretty much waiting for us in our room when we got there and I was happy to say that the room itself was great. We had a big suite right next to the restaurant (ask for it if you can get it!) and it was nice and close to the pool. The room was tastefully decorated and I have to say had the best pillows I've EVER had in ANY hotel (maybe I'm not your typical person in this regard) - I slept so incredibly well every night that now whenever we go anywhere, I always compare it to the Holiday Inn! We had both a large king size and a large single bed in our room (needed it for our 2 year old), as well as a decent size bathroom and a separate area which I guess people use to get ready as well as a series of lounges etc. We also had a nice verandah out the front but we chose not to use it much but we would have if we'd had the time.
The hotel grounds themselves are deceptively large and the place is really quite beautiful in terms of gardens, pools, cabanas, lounges and the like. I cannot recall going to a hotel before where there were ALWAYS cabanas free somewhere (because there seems to be so many) in the grounds. My wife and I often had a cabana near the pool but there were some that were a bit further away from poolside where many people retreated to in order to read a book. The one's I particularly liked where the ones overlooking the beach.
This hotel is a great option for families. The kids club is adequate and easy to organise. With a 2 year old, we had to pay some extra for babysitting but that was worth it for a few hours. The staff were great with our son and were very affectionate towards him which was nice to see. There is also a nice little playground that he spent a bit of time at. There is also loads of open space so it is possible to kick a ball around if you have older kids and they like doing that sort of thing. Sadly our lad became ill whilst there (nothing to do with the hotel) but they quickly called us out a doctor to come and see him and the staff continually asked after him over the following days. It gave us the impression they really cared for us and wanted to ensure we knew they'd do anything to help.
One of the best aspects of a Holiday Inn is that kids under 12 (I think that is what it is) eat for free. It means you end up spending a bit more time in the resort eating but the food was both affordable and enjoyable! The breakfast buffet is not massive but there is still plenty of choice. There were also plenty of options outside the hotel within easy walking distance if you so choose. There is also a 'cold stone' type ice cream bar concept which is a nice touch.
The pools were great and were a perfect temperature. Our son's swimming really came on in the large pool but he also spent many hours in the kid's pool using the many toys that the hotel provides. He was also very much enjoyed by the staff at the swim up bar. The gym was small but well equipped. They also have a room off to one side of this where you can go and relax, shower and have drinks after you've checked out and are waiting to go to the airport.
Whilst there, we visited the spa and had a really great experience. The massage itself was excellent and the setting was beautiful. Definitely worth it if you're into it.
The hotel is in Tuban which is a little distance from Kuta, certainly not far but not many people will want to walk to and fro each day if you want to go in for nightlife, shopping and more food options. However, it only took us about 10 minutes to stroll to Waterbom Park (TOTALLY worth it) and some of the other nearby attractions. The hotel is very security conscious and seemed very safe to us.
All in all, we rate this hotel very highly and whilst it may not be the most prestigious place out there, it is a definite option for families. We are hoping to have another trip to Bali in the next 12 months and this will most likely be where we stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort's (R) pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban