We stayed here for 7 nights over the last week with two young kids (18m and 4years) and had a wonderful stay. Is a great resort in a fabulous location if you love being on the beach (and also if you surf as there are breaks immediately out the front). The sand is volcanic so its black but it didn't look dirty or unclean if you wanted to swim. The resort had free bike hire so i rode a bike along the coast a few times to Kuta for shopping (about 10mins) which was a great ride.
In terms of proximity to restaurants, shops etc there was not all that much in the immediate vicinity but central kuta was a 10min taxi ride and there were a few restaurants i noticed had reasonable reviews on tripadvisor and were about a 10-15 min walk away. The hotel restaurants were great and at one of them (Palms) kids under 12 ate free which was a bonus. Envy had a great atmosphere being on the beachfront and with lots of lounges etc around making it really relaxed. We ate at the hotel nearly every day.
We stayed in a junior suite which was perfect for families with either young or older kids as had a fold out couch bed (large double or queen) and super comfy. all in the one room but was split level so it felt we had space and also had a massive bathroom area the same size as actual room.
The only downside we found was that the kids club was really boring (saw 2 kids drawing frowny faces and looking miserable) and hardly ever many kids there. they seemed to be just sitting around watching tv with the occasional boring activity lasting a short time. truly the kids looked miserable so we did not leave our kids there. Our kids really enjoyed playing in the pool each day though so were entertained enough. The hotel also did not have any activities like water aerobics, gym classes etc (gym very poky and tucked away) which can make for a fun atmosphere. they had a few things like kite making but these you had to pay for. Other than this we couldn't fault the hotel and would definitely consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban