I've been to Bali many times over the years and stayed all over the island but in recent years have favoured the Sanur side. This time my children and grandkids had all booked to stay at the Bali Dynasty (really disappointed with that one, send me mail if you want to know why) and we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. What a pleasant surprise. It was really relaxing, quiet in the evenings, great service, nice breakfasts, clean rooms and really comfy beds. The only negative was wifi was not free for guests. The location was excellent too and we would walk up to the family at the Dynasty and go from there or they would join us at our hotel.
After a dreadful crappy run down hotel in Kuta years ago and snapping dogs running around everywhere and the rough and aggressive Javanese hawkers I had said never again would I stay in Kuta. Well because of the kids I did and I will add Im so glad I did. I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn (15 mins walking south of Kuta centre here again. There is a huge new shopping complex with a great hyperpermarket being built 5 mins walking away (the hypermarket was already opened when we were there) but I imagine the rest will be fully operational in the next month or so. The cab to the airport was only about $2.50 but we paid $5.00 (50,000) Come on $2.50 is nothing even if it was only 5 mins away. We paid (by choice) 50,000 rupiah each way to the hotel. We only ate at the hotel a couple of times for dinner as there was so much choice elsewhere when you got your bearings and the food was great and so cheap. Even though I've been so many times I was amazed again at the cheap prices especially the meals
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali Tuban