I just want to start off by saying that I just came back from an amazing stay at this hotel. The location is great in the sense that its 5 minutes from the airport, it has a a huge beach, there are many free beach chairs, despite being fully booked. Being located on South Kuta beach, don't expect to be in the main tourist area, but you can walk along the beach path for 10-15 minutes and get to the main area, such as where the Hard Rock is and the bars/nightlife.
I arrived expecting very little IHG status expectations as a result of past reviews here on TripAdvisor and the IHG website, but the hotel recognized my IHG Platinum Elite very well. I was given a double upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean view room (but don't expect much difference from the superior room), my room was automatically given 4pm late check-out, and we even received some meal vouchers because one of the two rooms booked could not be upgraded due to availability.
The rooms seem to be renovated recently, as they looked quite new, however two minor inconveniences were that the Air Conditioning did not allow for the room to get very cold, and the bathroom was very small compared to other Asian/Indonesian 4/5 Star hotels (but then again, its only a bathroom).
Overall I would highly recommend the hotel, its extremely friendly staff, the great breakfast, and the abundance of beach chairs overlooking the vast beach and the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort(R) Baruna Bali Tuban