New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Tuban
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Perfect Family Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just returned from 10nights that the Holiday Inn Baruna Tuban.
It was absolutely brilliant!

We had a family suite, which was excellent. Newly refurbished rooms and play equipment right outside our room!.
Envy Bar is superb, we spend many nights sitting drinking cocktails at sunset and eating dinner here, whilst out 2kids ages 4 and 6 played on the grass area with the other kids.

However it isnt only the 5 star facilities at the resort that will have us going back it was the staff!.
From the moment we arrived we were addressed by our names and treated like royalty.Nothing was every too much for the staff. They remembered our kids and always took the time to say hello and ask if there was anything we needed.
The kids club was brilliant, they give you a mobile phone when you drop off your child so you dont have to worry about leaving the resort.

We took the time to indulge in a spa treatment and it was superb and reasonably priced.
This reflects all areas of the resort really all the food is very reasonably prices and our packages included kids eating free!

If you cant get a Family suite, I have heard from other guests that the one bedroom suites are suitable to up to 5 people.

The beach is on the doorstep.
The only thing about this hotel which is not ideal is the location, we were not massive fans of Kuta but if this resort was in seminyak or Nusa Dua it would be double to the price.

If you are a family travelling with kids you can not go past this resort. We have traveled alot with our kids and this was by far our most enjoyable trip.

We will be back for sure

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tim W
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear "Tim W",

Thank you for selecting our resort for your recent family holiday.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities but most importantly the service delivered by our staff. I will share your comments with all of them. They will definitely feel proud.

Aside from Family Suites, for a party of 5, I would recommend the Studio (bunk beds), The Big Room and the One Bedroom suite.

I hope to welcome your family again in the near future,

Stephane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 5 nights in May with my partner. Check in was great, you are met with a cool drink, fresh cold towel and one of those beautiful Balinese smiles. The staff were lovely and our check in was hasty, which is just what you want after sitting on a plane for a couple of hours after a very early start! We were shown to our room by a friendly porter who dealt with our luggage. He stayed to show us the features of our room. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are also clean, contemporary and all the staff are quick to offer a friendly smile.
The beach is directly behind the resort, dotted with long tail boats and locals selling their wares. It can be overwhelming if it is your first trip to Bali, as soon as you step off the hotel property you are approached by up to 7 locals trying to sell you something! In saying that, they are friendly and will leave you alone after you decline to purchase anything. They are truly friendly and are happy to just chat to you. I am Australian, spoiled by beautiful beaches at home, so I would say this beach is nothing spectacular, but it is clean and close. You can hire a boat to take you to the closest surf break Airport Left for around $5, although there is far better surf elsewhere.
Breakfast was delish! The food at Envy on the resort grounds is amazing! Cheap (compared to Aussie prices not compared to Bali prices) and very tasty (I have stayed at other hotels in Bali and still have to visit Envy when there!), but very western. There is an extensive cocktail menu, all fantastic, I tried them all! The staff are lovely and always up for a chat. Its an ideal spot at sunset.
There are sun loungers facing the beach near the pool which are the prime spots and also sun loungers on the beach where you can get a lovely local to give you a foot massage for a small sum. The pool bar has happy hour, but this is a family resort so lots of kids around.
I loved the day spa, expensive compared to out on the street, but Lestari was a great massuese and it is more luxurious. I went every day!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting us with reservations and booking activities. It is a 10-15 min walk along the beach to shops, bars etc. Lots of taxis outside to take you to Uluwatu, Ubud, Seminyak, wherever else you want to see. I would definitely recommend this resort. I would say it is suited to families, couples and those looking to relax. If you are looking to party probably book somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heycheye
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear "heycheye",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed account of your experience.

it was a pleasure for the entire team to make your stay a memorable. I will share it with them all and especially Lestari from our Tea Tree Spa.

Your support is highly appreciated. Looking forward to welcome you again and again.

Cloquet, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The resort is nice. Your able to walk directly out to the ocean. Staff seem to friendly. I think my issue is the very small room and extremely small shower. I guess I expected more from a Holiday Inn.

Can't say I would stay here again, but really nothing wrong with the place.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear "Nathan3858",

Thank you for staying with us. Happy to read that overall you had a nice time despite the size of the room.

We have plenty of accommodation choices (13 to be exact) ranging from 28sqm to 78sqm. We describe our rooms as detailed as possible on our website. Despite this, I understand it may be a bit daunting to choose the right one. Feel free to contact us so we can help advising the right choice for your needs on your next stay, I hope.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed in junior suite with family (2 adults and 2 kids) For 6 days. The room was spacious and comfortable. The facilities are excellent. There is a nice pool with pool counter selling drinks and snack; also there is a kids pool. The restaurants are nice, breakfast is great with many choices, there are counters selling ice cream, corn on the cob and other food near the pool area. Our kids loved the kids club where they learned various arts and crafts, some Balinese language and had lots of fun activities. We watched Balinese dance on Friday night at the poolside and fire dance on Wednesday night in the restaurant. The were totally free of cost and very enjoyable. The beach is just next to the hotel and very nice. The resort is at a strategic locations - within 15 minutes of walking distance to the downtown but far enough to be quiet. Hotel staff are wonderful and always greet with smile.

On the negative side ... One warning. There is a outside vendor selling tour packages. These packages are good but over priced. You can hire a taxi with driver at less than 50% of price for the same tour and Bali is very safe place. Another bad thing is that the lunch is not included in the package and the driver took us to an expensive restaurant for lunch instead of giving choices to pick from many restaurants roadside. I would suspect that the tour company gets some commission from that restaurant as well. To make things worst people were smoking a lot in the restaurant making us very uncomfortable. They had no non smoking area. My advise is definitely stay at Holiday Inn but avoid this tour company.

A caution: Indonesia government charges 150000 Rupiah or US $15 per person as departure tax at the airport. This is in addition to the visa fee while entering the country!!! This took many travelers by surprise. Make sure you have enough Rupiah while leaving the country to pay this tax. If you pay with currencies other than Rupiah or US$ then the airport authorities charge even higher. For example I paid by Singapore dollars and they charged 25 Singapore dollar (correct exchange rate vs. Rupiah should be only 18.50 Singapore dollar). The official receipts had only the amount written in Rupiah, not how much I paid in Sing dollar. I'm wondering about the experience of other travelers and the honesty of these airport officials.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. If you prefer quieter rooms choose one that is not too close to the pool area...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear "Pradipta S",

Thank you so much for sharing your appreciation.

I assume that the travel agent you are referring to is Tour East located on the ground floor of the resort.
We have hand picked Tour East as our partner to provide tours to our guests based on their credibility. Tour East is a professionally managed organisation with the necessary licences and most importantly insurance.
I do agree you will find many cheaper options as soon as you step out of the resort but we can not guarantee the same professionalism.
For avoidance of doubts, we are not taking any commissions from Tour East. Safety of our guests was the most important factor in mind when selecting a tour provider.

Nonetheless, I would appreciate if you could email me (stephane.varoquier@ihg.com) the detailed account of your experience so I can forward it to them for their action.

Thank you for choosing our resort and I hope we'll welcome you back very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is was an ideal getaway foe three couples wanting a well deserved kiddie free holiday. The gorgeous poolside rooms were clean and had modern decor. The beach within meters of your rooms. The pool bar centrally positioned for maximising the appeal from the rooms and restaurants. There was a gelato, cake shop open till the evening also located centrally to the resort. The meals were gorgeous and the themed nights were fantastic too.The staff are lovely and very helpful with all your needs. Although the hotel well set up for famlies we rarely saw young children, and admittedly it was nice not being swamped by children in the pool. If you are seriously wanting a touch of luxury that is well priced please go ahead and book in, seriously do yourself a favour. We will go back as a family or just by ourselves it was such a perfect get away!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Talkwn",

I am indeed pleased to read we were able to provide you with the perfect kiddie free holiday you were after.

Our resort is popular with couples, groups of friends and families. Whilst very family friendly, we hardly have days where guests are swamped with children in the pool.
Guests told us they appreciate a lot the fact that our resort houses a very diverse mix of guests, one not overpowering the other.

We are looking forward to welcome the complete family soon. Thank you very much for your fidelity.

Lufingen, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

It's the 2nd time I'm staying with my family at the hotel at a junior suite which provides sufficient space at a reasonable price. Quiet location, friendly staff, nice pool. Kids enjoyed it. Would prefer though Seminyak area as there are more dinning options.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear "Daniel G",

Your continued support is much appreciated. I am glad that your family feels comfortable in our company.

I hope we'll have the pleasure to host for a third time very soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in a Pool access room again and had another relaxing memorable holiday.
Staff are excellent , room very good, King size bed and all facilities.
One thing i really like is the empty bar fridge which you can fill yourself . Check out the hotel shop as prices are very reasonable.
Breakfast is great as is the pool side dining and snacks.
Had a couple of disappointing meals at Envy but the staff were excellent and made it up with discount and free coffee and dessert.
The area around the hotel has been and is still being upgraded and is much improved.
I totally recommend this hotel we have been there 5 times now and always happy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Cobra8272",

Your fidelity is highly appreciated.

Most guests prefer to store their own items in the fridge. It is quite common for guests to ask resorts to empty a minibar (overpriced in many cases) so they can buy their own items outside.

We have decided to make it easy for our guests by providing empty fridges. To take it even further, we have also decided to provide common snacks and drinks in our shop at supermarket prices so our guests don't have to trouble themselves to go outside for shopping.

I am sorry about your disappointment at Envy. I understand that the staff made it up to you but I still would be very keen to learn more about it. If you don't mind, please share details with me at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com

Once again, thank you for your support and looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Stephane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Bali Dynasty Resort
Bali Dynasty Resort
#15 of 225 in Kuta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,993 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!