HARRIS Hotel Tuban(Tuban)(Great Value!)
$36
  • Breakfast included
$99
$80
Hotels.com
Bahana Guest House(Tuban)(Great Value!)
$13
$13
Priceline
$16
1,653 results
All reviewskids clubenvy restauranttea tree spapalms restaurantgarden accesskids eat freekids suitepool barone bedroom suiteihg memberpriority clubocean viewkids menubaruna balipool staffbig roomdiscovery mall
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in a Pool access room again and had another relaxing memorable holiday.
Staff are excellent , room very good, King size bed and all facilities.
One thing i really like is the empty bar fridge which you can fill yourself . Check out the hotel shop as prices are very reasonable.
Breakfast is great as is the pool side dining and snacks.
Had a couple of disappointing meals at Envy but the staff were excellent and made it up with discount and free coffee and dessert.
The area around the hotel has been and is still being upgraded and is much improved.
I totally recommend this hotel we have been there 5 times now and always happy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear "Cobra8272",

Your fidelity is highly appreciated.

Most guests prefer to store their own items in the fridge. It is quite common for guests to ask resorts to empty a minibar (overpriced in many cases) so they can buy their own items outside.

We have decided to make it easy for our guests by providing empty fridges. To take it even further, we have also decided to provide common snacks and drinks in our shop at supermarket prices so our guests don't have to trouble themselves to go outside for shopping.

I am sorry about your disappointment at Envy. I understand that the staff made it up to you but I still would be very keen to learn more about it. If you don't mind, please share details with me at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com

Once again, thank you for your support and looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've just returned from Bali after spending 5 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Baruna. The amount we paid was almost identical for pretty similar family style rooms (deluxe suite Hard Rock) and (studio garden access room Holiday Inn). The Hard rock was amazing in almost every aspect (see my review of this hotel on 30 July). While the Holiday Inn was good and the room we had was nice it has some faults that should be known prior to staying at this hotel. Our room didn't get cleaned until about 3pm everyday which is when you want to be having a bit of relaxation after being in the pool, going out for lunch and just prior to heading out for dinner. The rooms were kept clean, beds made but nothing extra that other hotels seem to provide. No towel animals were made that the kids love, no additional freebies other than 4 bottles of water per day. The beds themselves smelled stale and the pillows provided are the flattest most uncomfortable things I have ever experienced in any accommodation ever. The hotel facilities are fine but not amazing. Pool is okay but take goggles as the chlorine is through the roof. There is a happy hour from 5-6pm each night but only at the pool bar, I don't see why this couldn't include the restaurant Envy adjacent so you could sit in comfortable chairs and watch the sunset. Sun lounges or lack of is also an issue as these are snapped up very early on and forget about getting a pool side cabana unless you are willing to camp out as others dump their stuff on these at the crack of dawn and then seem to disappear stopping anyone else from using them. The grounds of the hotel are really nice with a great expanse of grass for the kids to run around on. The location of the hotel is a bit too far out as we had to keep heading back in to Kuta or Legian to find places to eat or shops,markets to buy stuff. There are no money changers near the hotel however the hotel does change money for close to street price. Recommend saving your money on breakfast and heading down the road to SA Cafe where you can get amazing banana and ice cream pancakes for 15k and a tasty omelette for 18k. Breakfast for 4 was costing about 135k which was less than what the Holiday Inn was charging for one person. Also be aware of the street hawkers that pounce on you at the back of the hotel. Even when we told them the price of things we had bought they insisted we paid more, for example 6 pack of Bintang stubbie holders can be bought at fixed price stores for 20k these hawkers started at 250k and got upset when I told them what I know they can be bought for and still refused to come down below 50k. There was one lady named "Emily" that was really nice and did my wife and daughter's nails for 50k hands and feet which is a bargain although this was a redo and she didn't have to manicure them. In a nutshell if you want to just lay by a pool and eat at the resort then this hotel is fine. If you want to have a variety of places to eat and shops to go to within walking distance then this place is too far out and I recommend staing somewhere closer to the heart of Kuta.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Ian W,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here for 8 nights with our 2 daughters under 8yrs and our friends who have 3 kids. Can't fault this hotel, the service is amazing and rooms are so spacious, clean and modern. We had a one bedroom suite which brilliant!
They seem to think of everything in this resort I just can't rate it highly enough.
Kids loved the kids club which always helps. Food is fantastic, dining at Evny is such a great experience. Kids love running around playing on the grassed area whilst parents sit back, relax and have drinks and watch sunset..also with great entertainment and music most nights.
We personally prefer being a bit away from central kuta, 5 - 10
mins in a cab to get into kuta. Walk along the beach path to other restaurants etc is pretty easy.
The spa treatment - pamper package was such a luxurious experience and such great value - thanks to Annie!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear "Larsie777",

I am very happy to read that your family vacation in our resort was fabulous.

Thank you very much for sharing. I will share your compliments with Annie.

It was a pleasure to be at your service and I hope you'll give us the pleasure again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the 6th time I have stayed here and for a very important reason. Total relaxation, you hardly need to leave the hotel great food great service and only 5 mins from the airport. I was speaking to the bar manager at Envy and he hit the nail on the head, the staff treat you like family.
We were only there for four days and never ate anywhere apart from Hotel as it was sooo good and at nett price.
The room we had this time was a superior king on ground floor garden view. Only a few metres from pool and very quiet (Well except for the big family next door at night, they were only there for 2 nights)
We are back there on 28th September with our children and know already it will be good. Whilst I am an gold elite member and read of complimentry upgrades on this site all the time, we are yet to have this happen to us, although this time we were given a complimentry dinner at Envy.

Room Tip: Ground floor request gives you access to pool area and better balcony area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "Junkyard17",

I would like to thank you so much for your continued support.

The room upgrade (subject to availability) is a benefit given by IHG Rewards Club to its Platinum members.

The complimentary dinner at Envy was in recognition of your fidelity to our resort.

I'd love to meet you in September. Kindly let me know who you are at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com.

Looking forward to meet you soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We are in the holiday inn right now, Leaving tomorrow early morning, Have lots of pleasant memories, But spoiled by no show for Fast track service despite mail confirmation, no room cleaning despite reminding and very poor cleaning ( no proper vacuuming)

I am bit dissapointed .

Room Tip: Stayin in room 3344, good view of garden and has a kids bunk bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear sambit_subha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.