The resort is next to the beach, with a nice big pool - very suitable for those wanting sun tan. Location wise - it is tucked in an inner street about a few hundred meters from main road. Do be extra mindful of the road when walking out as the pavement is being repaired. A kilometre or two away on the main road is the busy thoroughfare for shopping and dining, including the Discovery Mall.
Rooms were leaning in the small side though sufficient. My biggest gripe, the narrow walkway between the bed and the wall, several wincing experience hitting myself with the sharp wooden corners of the beds when moving around the room. Definitely a no no for families.
Visible wear and tear in the room decor. A nice little balcony (no views though since its not sea facing category). Room Rates were pretty high for a Holiday Inn.
Buffet breakfast was good, selection was sufficient. An "live action" Eggs menu is available. Noticed something quite amiss, when I ordered additional water on top of the fruit juice in the coffee house for dinner, was served bottled water at additional cost while other tables in the same outlet were served from a decanter(no charge).
Departure lounge is only useful if you need late check out - not to be mistaken for Executive lounge. The lounge is equipped with shower faciilties and a lounge area near the gym for those guests with late flights but no late check out options.
Staffs were generally friendly and nice almost everywhere.
Taxis arranged by the hotel will cost more than if you were to hail a taxi from the roadside. This is also confirmed by the Bell staffs. Upon check out, asked for a taxi from the Concierge, the agreed rate was not honoured by the taxi driver at the airport when I paid him, dropped me off in the other far side of the terminal and not where the normal drop off was. Not a good end to a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban