“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tuban
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at holiday inn for our honeymoon. The room was so clean and new, it was a real delight to stay there. We were welcomed by a card saying happy honeymoon and a delicious chocolate mud honeymoon cake in our fridge. The breakfast was great and had heaps of variety. The staff were very friendly and warm. All in all it was a wonderful resort.

• Stayed September 2012
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear CherieS,

The team always gets very excited when they are given the opportunity to make special celebrations memorable.

I am happy that the team, once more, managed to do that for your honeymoon. The room you chose (The Big Room Ocean View) was just right for this. Our technicians and room attendants will be pleased to read your comments as they really put a lot of efforts in keeping all rooms fresh at all times.

Thank you very much for selecting our venue for this occasion.

We hope to see you soon again,

Many thanks,

Stephane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights in a one bedroom suite with my wife and two kids. Room was amazing. Clean, spacious and the views from the balcony were beautiful overlooking the pool and the beach. Recommend stayng in room 3312 if you get a chance. Only down side was the fold out sofa bed which was very uncomfortable.

The location is great, being only a 10 minute walk along the beach to Kuta square or a short taxi ride. The lobby staff can organise transportation very quickly and the cost is 25000rp which is not too bad. Staff all over the resort were amazing, as you come to expect in Bali. They are super friendly and would do anything they can to make our stay better. Little things, like learning the kid's names and coming over for a chat really make a big difference. One of the kids got sick during the stay and the hotel has a live in doctor who was able to come to the room and give us some medication which was very convenient.

The resort facilities are also very good. Buffet breakfast is good, but not great. The pool is really beautiful with so many nice seating areas from the sun loungers to the little gazebos by the pool. Also a swim up bar and food service by the pool, what more could you ask for. The kid's club is the best I have seen. Clean, well set up and really keeps the kids occupied. They also offer the facility to babysit the kids in the room.

Now for the downside. Resort could do with a second pool. The resort was fully booked out when we stayed which means the pool area can get pretty busy and finding a seat by the pool sometimes becomes challenging. Secondly, the restaurants in the resort leave a lot to be desired. The food is very average and would highly recommend taking the walk along the beach to find a better spot for dinner.

Overall we had a wonderful stay here and would highly recommend this resort. Also make sure you sign up for priority rewards when you get there. It's free and entitles you to free WiFi during your whole stay.

Room Tip: Go for 3312 and you will not regret it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Reemo80
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Reemo80,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to see that your family had a great vacation in our resort. I am really proud of our team members and I am delighted that one more they contributed greatly to your satisfaction.

I love the fact that you gave us constructive feedback and pointers as to where we may need to improve.

We hardly had any comment on sofa beds being uncomfortable. The issue could be with the sofa in 3312 or guests may bear with the discomfort without telling us.

Breakfast: good but could be great. I'd love to hear more on how to make it great..

Food very average. I am concerned about your perception as we usually get great comments, especially for Envy restaurant. We are aware that dining experience around the pool and at Palms could be improved. In the next few weeks, we will launch brand new dining experiences in these locations. We have analysed guest feedback for the past year and we are really exciting to launch this new offer aimed at satisfying guests expectations.

I would really appreciate hearing from you in more details on the above subjects. If you feel like participating in our quest to keep improving ourselves, kindly contact me directly at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com

Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali for your family vacation.

I hope that the little one is feeling much better now.

It will be everyone's pleasure to delight you again soon.

Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed there one night before flying home. If we could have afforded it we would have stayed there longer. Not a cheap place the spa is three times dearer than the ones on the road and the restaurant was also pricey. A lot of cheaper and better ones to choose from nearby.
The room was clean as was the rest of the hotel; nice pool and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Hydrous,

Thank you for staying with us and I am happy that overall you had a good impression of our resort. I note that you found the room rates too expensive for a longer stay. We aim to offer value for money experiences and we strive to reflect this in our pricing when compared to other options of similar quality. May I suggest that you register as a Priority Club member so you'll be the first to know about our seasonal special promotions.

I am somewhat perplexed about your perception of prices in our restaurants. With Starters starting from USD 2.60 and main courses from 4.20 (inclusive of 21% taxes and service charge), I am confident that we offer very competitive prices for comparable quality and experiences. We regularly assess ourselves on this. We may have missed something. I would welcome more detailed thoughts on which places you think may offer better quality and cheaper prices. Feel free to share directly with me at stephane.varoquier@ihg.com

The same goes for the Spa. I do agree that you can find cheaper in so many places on the road. We do not aim to compete with places on the road at the moment. We chose to provide an experience where our guests can feel safe and in good hands with pure oils, renowned brands such as Decleor, professional therapists and a great setting right on the beach. We do realize this may not be of importance to everyone so we are now rethinking our offer so as to provide a cheaper alternative most likely without the frills whilst maintaining our current quality experience for our regular spa guests.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your overall good experience with us. I hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I can't even remember how many times I have stayed at this fabulous hotel since the latest renovations were completed in 2009 but I know the experience just get's better with every visit.

I travel to Bali about 3 times a year and have stayed in many hotels across this beautiful island over the years, some much more expensive than the Holiday Inn, and even through I try a different hotel every now and again I still return at the end of the day to my outstanding favourite.

The Holiday Inn provides beautiful modern accommodation, outstandingly maintained grounds, excellent restaurants with an endless choice of both Asian and Western quisine, a cute ice cream and coffee shop and to top it all the most attentive, friendly and happy staff of any Hotel I ever stayed. The Manager Stefane is always accessible and visible around the grounds of the hotel, unlike the Manager's of other Hotels I've stayed and often stops for a chat and to ask how my holiday is going.

I am once again staying at the Holiday Inn on October 5th for a week, (third time this year) and simply can't wait. It feels new and fresh with every visit. I simply can't rate this hotel highly enough.

Don't think, just book !!

Room Tip: They're all good :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Twoscompany23
Dear Twoscompany23,

Thank you very much for your lovely words and your continued support.

It is always a pleasure to have you with us. The team and I genuinely enjoy your presence as much, if not more, as you love us.

Your favorite room and favorite Envy cocktails are waiting for you next week :)

See you very soon around the resort.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent 5 nights at HI Baruna and had a wonderful stay. HI have done a great job and ensuring every need is met for families. Everything from a suite with a separate room with bunk beds, TV & playstation for the kids. Breakfast was included with our room type (a massive buffet with an aray of choices with everything from pastries, cakes, toast, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes & waffles, currys, salads, etc). We'd booked a garden access room with bunks so kids club access was also included in the room rate (a great saving if you plan on putting kids in the kids club every day). Kids eat free when dining at Palms Restaurant for lunch or dinner. A kids menu was handy - particularly when the kids are used to westernised dishes. In room meal service was available for both palms and envy restaurants at no extra charge... this was really handy when the kids were too tired to be dining out.

We utilised the Laundry service available which cost 100,000RP for 20 items of clothing which we felt quite reasonable. They have a great icecream bar (flavaz) where you could enjoy gelati, cold rock style with lollies mixed in, a good coffee and watch sport on TV if you felt the need.

We utilised the inhouse travel desk. We managed to save quite a bit on attractions. For example we booked the waterbom park for $88US for family (2A+2C) at the hotel and was able to charge it direct to the room. they gave us a slip which we presented upon entering the park 10 min later.... easy! They also have a driver readily available for use for just 250,000RP for the day - much cheaper than other drivers mentioned in the driver section here on TA - just see tour desk. We also took our kids to Bali Safari and Marine park and booked this to our room too through the tour desk which was cheaper than if we were to pay at the park.

Kids Club was great. Aged 4 years+. Had fish feeding as one of the morning activities which my two enjoyed, and they took the kids down to the Palms restaurant for lunch which was free.

Hubby and i ducked over the road to the Green Garden for spa treatements - the two of us had a 1 1/2 hr massage for just 352,000RP.... for the two of us! thats like $17AUS each! Took my two girls (aged 4 & 6) over for a hair cream bath...1 hour and cost 110,000RP each. Ask for Karini when you go over, she's lovely and had the touch of an angel that girl... both times hubby fell asleep.

Gardens at HI are just beautiful, well cared for, garden staff attend to the gardens 24/7 and quietly go about their duties with little distruption to guests. All the staff are attentative and lovely without being 'in your face'.

Has a great little kids pool area for the under 4's which has bales overlooking the area. From memory i think there were about 10 bales for lazing pool side, and a further 4 or 5 overlooking the ocean located over near the spa for quite time. if the pool side bales were taken, theres plenty of banana lounges. You can arrange to have drinks and food brought to you on the lounges or bales, or have delivered straight to the pool bar counter. They have bikes for hire - i didnt make use of these but from what i could gather, they were free.

Envy is a great restaurant, really reasonably priced.

If youre after hairbraiding or manicure for the kids, head out to the beach path and turn left, head up around the corner and out the front of the patra Naomi and the girls will braid hair for 110,000RP per child, and do a manicure for around 55,000RP (hand and toes with flowers)... but you'll need to barter pretty good for this rate.

All in all, a lovely well maintained hotel, plenty on offer so you dont need to go too far and its in a great location - away from noisy/busy kuta... only cost us 7000RP in a taxi up to waterbom park, near here (oppposite bali garden beach resort) is two fixed price shops - Diannes & Jennis... really good prices. Theres not a lot of shopping nearby, a few market type stalls along the alley way from the road to the beach that runs next to the holiday inn, a few market type stalls just out the front to the left, and theres a supermarket with bare essentials on site. However, i popped up the road (turn right as you head out the front) and about 50m up is a small supermarket that has most things from coke, bintangs, yakults, chips, chocolates, shaving cream, razors, sunscreen, insect repellant, mozzie coils (baygon), lighters, some clothes, etc. really cheap.

The only negative that comes to mind is that Accommodation had to be paid in full upon check in which we werent used to nor expected so i had to do some quick online transferring which took a little bit of time, but all worked out in the end, i think if you have a credit card (ie. Not a keycard with visa facility which we have) you dont need to. Initially the room was damp, but that cleared up once we settled in after a few hours. Soundproofing of the rooms are good, but our room had an interconnecting door and the next door neighbours tv could be heard (im assuming they had it pretty loud), it didnt bother us that much as it wasnt all the time, just now and then, and they dont have mosquito burners so i had to go get my own from the shop down the road for when we wanted to sit out on our balcony.

BTW... if you dont have priority rewards card, do get it when you check in - its free to join and then you get free in room wifi.

Happy to take personal messages if you have any questions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ah2relax
Dear ah2relax,

What a great detailed and constructive description of your experience. Thanks for taking the time.

I am glad that your family enjoyed our Studio Garden Access and our services. You got a great point on the mosquito burner for the terrace. We regularly fog and provide mosquito repellent in every room. Despite these efforts, a few of them might still appear from time to time. We never thought about mosquito burners for terraces. I have just arranged with the team to provide them in the near future.

You are right, our bikes can be borrowed for free.

I am sorry about the somewhat discomfort with your check in experience. As with most hotels, we require a credit card at check in. The purpose is to "clear" the card with the bank so as to ensure a smooth check out. This is common practice in the industry. Especially more important in our location given the past many issues (mainly bank related and not guest credit card related). For cash payment, a deposit to cover the stay is required. Debit cards are considered cash as banks here can not handle the "clearing process" as mentioned above.

Thank you for choosing our resort for this vacation. The team and I hope we'll have the pleasure to delight you once more in the future. In the meantime, feel free to contact me should you need anything.

Kinds regards,

Brisbane
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for 14 nights in a standard hotel room. The first room we got was 2 single beds (we are a married couple) as there were no double rooms available, I found the room to be too small and kept walking into the corner of the bed ending us with a big bruise after a couple of day. On day 5 we were moved to a king bed room which was much better. The bathroom was the same size as the other room but fitted for a disabled person so the shower was a generous size and they removed the furniture from the room so there was plenty of space. I would stay here again but upgrade to a bigger room probably with garden or ocean view. The pool is great, nice and cool and big enough so everyone is no on top of each other. The is a childrens pool and graduated shallow area in big pool. Breakfast was great and all the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Laudry pick up from room, wash & iron & return on coat hangers - 20 pieces of clothing 150,000rps (cant bet that). Centro is a 10 min walk along the beachfront and lots of restaurants to choose from along the way. Handy shop on ground floor selling softdrinks, water, chips etc. Envy food is good and reasonable prices. We had a boat ride 1 hour for 200,000rps and really loved getting out on the ocean to see the surfers and all the different hotels they are building.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephane_Varoquier, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear baliblondeBrisbane,

Great to see that you had a wonderful experience in our resort.

The reservation received from you was for a Twin Superior room (2 beds) so we had prepared what you booked for. Unfortunately, we were not able to change the room at check-in as the resort was running full. Glad to see that the team finally managed to find you a room with king size bed a few days later.

Our Deluxe rooms are bigger. Details on all room sizes can be found on our website.

Thank you very much for trying our resort this time. I hope we'll have the opportunity to delight you once more in the near future.

Many thanks,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been here at the Holiday Inn for three weeks after having been to Bali 10 times this is by far the Best Hotel you could ever wish for.It is spotless, food amazing quality, Tea Tree Spa better than Versace Hotel. From the Wonderful General Manager Stephan who is always available to help Guests.All the amazing staff they are like a family from whereever in the world you come from.We have stayed at many Hotels around the World and we have no hesitation in recommending The Holiday Inn to Couples, families,Honeymooners.Your every need is taken care off.We will be sad to leave and will definately return next year

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Rear Garden are very Quiel but all rooms can accomodate all tastes
Dear Sue T,

I feel blessed and humbled after reading your review.

Your "sunshine" personality has definitely generated a few shadows
here and there after your departure. The entire team surely misses you and can't wait
to welcome you back next year.

Your continued support is very much appreciated,

Stephane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Alaya Resort Kuta
Alaya Resort Kuta
#5 of 251 in Kuta
Four Points by Sheraton Bali Kuta

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali? Share your experiences!