We spent 5 nights at HI Baruna and had a wonderful stay. HI have done a great job and ensuring every need is met for families. Everything from a suite with a separate room with bunk beds, TV & playstation for the kids. Breakfast was included with our room type (a massive buffet with an aray of choices with everything from pastries, cakes, toast, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes & waffles, currys, salads, etc). We'd booked a garden access room with bunks so kids club access was also included in the room rate (a great saving if you plan on putting kids in the kids club every day). Kids eat free when dining at Palms Restaurant for lunch or dinner. A kids menu was handy - particularly when the kids are used to westernised dishes. In room meal service was available for both palms and envy restaurants at no extra charge... this was really handy when the kids were too tired to be dining out.
We utilised the Laundry service available which cost 100,000RP for 20 items of clothing which we felt quite reasonable. They have a great icecream bar (flavaz) where you could enjoy gelati, cold rock style with lollies mixed in, a good coffee and watch sport on TV if you felt the need.
We utilised the inhouse travel desk. We managed to save quite a bit on attractions. For example we booked the waterbom park for $88US for family (2A+2C) at the hotel and was able to charge it direct to the room. they gave us a slip which we presented upon entering the park 10 min later.... easy! They also have a driver readily available for use for just 250,000RP for the day - much cheaper than other drivers mentioned in the driver section here on TA - just see tour desk. We also took our kids to Bali Safari and Marine park and booked this to our room too through the tour desk which was cheaper than if we were to pay at the park.
Kids Club was great. Aged 4 years+. Had fish feeding as one of the morning activities which my two enjoyed, and they took the kids down to the Palms restaurant for lunch which was free.
Hubby and i ducked over the road to the Green Garden for spa treatements - the two of us had a 1 1/2 hr massage for just 352,000RP.... for the two of us! thats like $17AUS each! Took my two girls (aged 4 & 6) over for a hair cream bath...1 hour and cost 110,000RP each. Ask for Karini when you go over, she's lovely and had the touch of an angel that girl... both times hubby fell asleep.
Gardens at HI are just beautiful, well cared for, garden staff attend to the gardens 24/7 and quietly go about their duties with little distruption to guests. All the staff are attentative and lovely without being 'in your face'.
Has a great little kids pool area for the under 4's which has bales overlooking the area. From memory i think there were about 10 bales for lazing pool side, and a further 4 or 5 overlooking the ocean located over near the spa for quite time. if the pool side bales were taken, theres plenty of banana lounges. You can arrange to have drinks and food brought to you on the lounges or bales, or have delivered straight to the pool bar counter. They have bikes for hire - i didnt make use of these but from what i could gather, they were free.
Envy is a great restaurant, really reasonably priced.
If youre after hairbraiding or manicure for the kids, head out to the beach path and turn left, head up around the corner and out the front of the patra Naomi and the girls will braid hair for 110,000RP per child, and do a manicure for around 55,000RP (hand and toes with flowers)... but you'll need to barter pretty good for this rate.
All in all, a lovely well maintained hotel, plenty on offer so you dont need to go too far and its in a great location - away from noisy/busy kuta... only cost us 7000RP in a taxi up to waterbom park, near here (oppposite bali garden beach resort) is two fixed price shops - Diannes & Jennis... really good prices. Theres not a lot of shopping nearby, a few market type stalls along the alley way from the road to the beach that runs next to the holiday inn, a few market type stalls just out the front to the left, and theres a supermarket with bare essentials on site. However, i popped up the road (turn right as you head out the front) and about 50m up is a small supermarket that has most things from coke, bintangs, yakults, chips, chocolates, shaving cream, razors, sunscreen, insect repellant, mozzie coils (baygon), lighters, some clothes, etc. really cheap.
The only negative that comes to mind is that Accommodation had to be paid in full upon check in which we werent used to nor expected so i had to do some quick online transferring which took a little bit of time, but all worked out in the end, i think if you have a credit card (ie. Not a keycard with visa facility which we have) you dont need to. Initially the room was damp, but that cleared up once we settled in after a few hours. Soundproofing of the rooms are good, but our room had an interconnecting door and the next door neighbours tv could be heard (im assuming they had it pretty loud), it didnt bother us that much as it wasnt all the time, just now and then, and they dont have mosquito burners so i had to go get my own from the shop down the road for when we wanted to sit out on our balcony.
BTW... if you dont have priority rewards card, do get it when you check in - its free to join and then you get free in room wifi.
Happy to take personal messages if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali seamlessly blends with the alluring white-sand beaches of Pantai Segara, locally known as Pantai Jerman, which stretches off the southern coast of Kuta in Bali. A mere ten-minute drive from Bali's International Airport, South Kuta's relatively quiet beaches are a haven for relaxation while a short walk leads to central Kuta's vibrant streets lined with restaurants, bars, shops and markets; the newly completed boardwalk along the beach enables visitors to enjoy a scenic stroll from South Kuta to the famous Kuta Beach in the North. Holiday Inn Resort(R)Baruna Bali offers 193 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 28 to 75 square metre, all with private balconies boasting stunning vistas of shimmering azure sea or the Resort(R) 's pool and verdant lawns. Sleek contemporary furnishings with Balinese tropical accents optimize the space for rest and relaxation and have been designed to appeal to families and couples as well as individual travelers. All rooms come conveniently equipped with high-speed wireless internet connectivity, 32-inch flat-screen televisions with over 60 cable channels, CD/DVD players, iPod docking stations, mini refrigerators and tea and coffee making facilities, while hardwood floors, stylish bathrooms with separate bath and power shower areas and 40-inch televisions are standard in all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Hotel Tuban
- Holiday Inn Baruna Bali
- Holiday Inn Tuban
- Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Tuban