“Great option for O/N stay”
Review of HARRIS Hotel Tuban

HARRIS Hotel Tuban
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We've stayed at the hotel several times & each time we've been met at the airport by very friendly staff & transferred to the hotel which is only minutes away. All the staff are extremely friendly & very efficient. The hotel is spotless & has a very bright & cheerful atmosphere. A pleasant retreat from the surrounding chaos. The rooms are very comfortable & quiet & the pool is lovely. The hotel is close to various places if interest if you've got time. I recommend booking direct via the hotel's web site & you can pay in local currency when you arrive.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tuicb
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear tuicb,

thank you for your time to share your experience during your stay at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. Your comment is really helpful.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are absolutely correct that booking through our website (www.HARRISHotels.com) will give extra benefits.

Anytime you plan to visit Bali, please do let us know. We will make your trip a memorable one.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's pretty good for an airport hotel, extremely close, nice and very clean bedroom. Bathroom is a lovely and spacious Balinese style. Bed could have been more comfortable but it did the job ok! Pool looked nice though I didn't use it. Staff were very friendly and helpful, which is always a plus! Free airport transfer is great!! Definitely would stay here again in transit!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 690JustinNZ
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear 690JustinNZ,

thank you for your review for HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Definitely I will post your comment at Players Board, so that all the Players will feel appreciated for what they had done to our guests.
We are in the middle of purchasing a new mattresses to ensure that all of our guest will have a good sleeping quality while staying with us.
So, next time you stay @HARRISTuban, you will feel the difference.

690JustinNZ, once again, thank you and looking forward welcoming you back at HARRIS Tuban.

HARRISly Yours,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

There is currently construction going on seven days a week at this hotel as they are building another wing of rooms, plus major roadworks associated with the new airport terminal. We had one night only after a late arrival into Denpasar. Our room (no. 102) was surprisingly quiet, being on the ground floor and on the other side from the construction site. We fitted four of us into quite a small room (one on a day bed made up with bedlinen, then two adults and one child in the king-size bed). We thought the pool was fine, with a few lounges and a small poolside deck. The buffet breakfast was unexciting but fine - and include an Italian espresso coffee machine, which made our morning! Staff were friendly. They also offer a Visa on Arrival service, where you are met as soon as you set foot in the terminal and assisted at speed through visas, customs and baggage collection, before being handed over to the driver. It's a touch expensive at IDR 250,000 per person on top of the Visa itself, but after a long flight with kids and arriving at an unfamiliar airport, we frankly didn't much care about the expense. We would stay here again in transit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction site.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wills68
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear wills68,

thank you for your visit to HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. And, thank you for your time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We understand the need of good sleep after your flight. That was why, we put our guest to the quiet room. We are expanding by building another 82 rooms with complete business facilities.
I am glad that you were using our extra service - Visa On Arrival Assistance - from our website for your convenience. You were not experiencing long queue on late evening.

wills68, I will share your comment to our Players to let them know your experience during your stay with @HARRISTuban.

I am personally looking forward welcoming you back to HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not much else to add really :p The room was nice and clean, great pool and it is practically next door to the airport- you could easily walk if you wanted (but with free airport transfer no need!). We only stayed one night as we needed to wait for our next flight but we were able to walk to Kuta etc so it is quite good. Be sure to check if the construction is still on next door - they work 24 hours but on the night we stayed they stopped due to a thunderstorm so it wasn't a problem for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mrblenny
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear mrblenny,

many thanks for your review on your recent stay at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. I am glad that you were enjoying your short stay.

I really appreciate the point you mention about the project. We are doing our best approach to the project management to stop whenever it reaches the point of disturbing to our guests. Thank God too that there was a storm, so they stopped the noise. We have Manager On Duty in charge in the evening to assist you if you have issues with the noise coming from the project.

We have scheduled shuttle bus from HARRIS Tuban to Kuta area for free. The shuttle bus is equipped with WIFI so that you are still be able to be in touch with family back home.

mrblenny, thank you for your comment and review. I am looking forward welcoming you back at @HARRISTuban in the future.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel has 24 hour construction work going on. So certainly not the view you'd be hoping for. Also, the swimming pool was pathetic. Not surprising that it was empty. Breakfast was not included with my room. The only redeeming things were some nice staff and a complimentary transfer to the airport, which is within walking distance anyway. Terrible traffic jams on the street in front, although that is just a symptom of Bali in general. Stay somewhere else unless, like me, you must fly early.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view of the beach. You'll be lucky if you don't have a view of the new bu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paddyirishman65

Dear Paddyirishman65,

thank you very much for your time reviewing HARRIS Tuban.
I am, personally, apologize for the inconveniences caused by the project. We always do within our capacity to stop the project whenever it is disturbing the guest.
In term of rates, we are providing two kind of rates: with and without breakfast to cater the various needs of our guests. But you are very welcome to enjoy our breakfast as additional benefit by mentioning your room number to one of our Players at HARRIS Cafe.
You are true that HARRIS Tuban is not on the beach, but we are on walking distance to Tuban Beach, which is more private compares to Kuta Beach.

Besides the free airport shuttle, HARRIS Tuban provides Airport Assistance for Visa on Arrival arrangements as well to ease your way out from the airport. Just mention whenever you need this service over the email to our Reservation by mentioning your arrival time and flight number. We always glad to assist.

Once again, thank you for your review and constructive comments. I am looking forward to welcome you in the future at @HARRISTuban.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We only spent one night here after a late arriving flight and early transfer to Gili T, but it suited our purposes.

It was a good price, the staff were very helpful (organising my SIM card to be ready on arrival), small but adequate room and great breakfast (due to having Indonesians staying there I think) with heaps of variety. The free airport pick up and drop off was very handy – actually you could easily walk once you know where it is but probably safer to get the transfer in the dark.

It is not somewhere that we would probably stay for more than a night but for your 1st or last night in Bali I think it ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deltasmelta
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Deltasmelta,

thank you for your time putting a review on HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali during your short stay.
We are very grateful that you enjoy on all services we had provide from airport pick up until you go to Gili Trawangan in Lombok.

I am passing your review to our Players to let them now that another happy guest were enjoying HARRIS Tuban.

I am looking forward welcoming you back in HARRIS Tuban.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed here for couple times and it's always pleasant as always. I like the hotel location which is just next door to the airport. Stafs were excellent (especially Mika), room was good, breakfast is adequate and tasty.
I was a bit disappointed on my last visit from 13-14 May, stayed here and needed to catch a 9.00 am flight, and I was too lazy to wake up earlier if I stay too far from the airport. I stayed at room 202 and I just found that the bathroom was a bit filthy. The shower courtain seemed old and turned yellowish. Someone has to change it with the new one. The house keeping failed to clean up some spot in the small room between glasses and wall, and the spot now turns darker and disgusting. There were many spills of liquid also in some spot, which I don't know what liquid was that.
the room was ok and the bed is comfortable.
I could have stayed at Aston Inn or Patra Jasa nearby, but I prefer to be here. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Den Den K
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Pak Deden,

many thanks for your time to put your review during your short stay at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
I am very sorry for the situation you had. It was definitely not a representative of our cleanliness standard - both walls and shower curtain. I am going to brief Executive Housekeeper to take action based on your comment, and to ensure that all rooms are spotless. Reviewing inventory is one of the plan.

I am honoring your appreciation on our breakfast quality. This is something that I will share to FB team for their hard working and training. Mika sends his best regard. He still remembers you, as he was the one who served you.

Pak Deden, once again, many thanks for your positive feedback. And, I am looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban.

Andreas LALENOH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
#13 of 251 in Kuta
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#5 of 251 in Kuta

Been to HARRIS Hotel Tuban? Share your experiences!