“Orange coloured hotel, right next to the airport.”
Review of HARRIS Hotel Tuban

HARRIS Hotel Tuban
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Tuban
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked the hotel just for one night. We arrived in DPS in the evening and had to take off in the morning. The room was just 50 USD and it is worth the this money. Location for such a night is perfect, just 2 minute drive from DPS. Free shuttle service from and to the airport makes it very convinient with all the luggage. The room and bathroom quality for this price was very good. Wifi for free.
Don't do two things while there. Don't look out of a window. There is no view, some kind of construction area. The other thing is restaurant. The food is OK but it's way overpriced. I guess they just charge less for rooms and get it back in the restaurant. Our rate did not include breakfast however we had an intention to eat in airport lounge so it was no issue for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pawel_Lew
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Pawel_Lew,

thank you for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. I hope you enjoy your short stay with us @HARRISTuban.

You are absolutely true that HARRIS Tuban is surrounded by extension project of Bali International Airport Ngurah Rai. They work days and nights to catch up the deadline - 2nd Semester 2013 to be ready for APEC.
However, I have to disagree with you on HARRIS Cafe price. Among other hotels, our price is within the range. If you spend a minute to check the menu at HARRIS Cafe, I am sure you will notice the on going "Chef Suggestion" menu which I am sure fit with your budget.

Thank you, once again, for your review and looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This little hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and has one of the friendliest staffs around. We stay in Bali quite a bit as a layover to other destinations and this hotel makes the transit much more pleasant. The rooms and bathroom are clean and well kept. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jen M
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Jen M,

Many thanks for your time reviewing HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
I will definitely share this comment to the Players. I am sure your comment will motivate them to keep their good standard.

Looking forward welcoming you back @HARRISTuban.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I just needed a room for one night as i had hired a guide/driver so hotel placement wasn't that important. This hotel pleasantly surprised me. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, spacious and had everything i needed. The airport shuttle was also convenient and runs 24/7. The breakfast was ok, but nothing extraordinary - for the price, I really couldn't complain.

In summary, I would recommend this place if you need to be near the airport, but not if you want to be near any interesting sights.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs spread across multiple buildings so ask for a room near the front desk if you don'...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Scottsdale_Rick
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Scottsdale_Rick,

thank you for your positive comment on HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

HARRIS Hotels always promote healthy lifestyle. Having lots of stairs will give your heart another exercise. Do not worry for your luggage, as our HARRIS Players will take care of them. And, if you wish to have your luggage down, by dial "0", our Players will knock on your door to assist you.

Interesting places also can be reached by hop on our shuttle bus to Kuta and surrounding areas (on schedule). The time table is available at the Reception desk.

Thank you, once again, for your review. We are looking forward welcoming you back to @HARRISTuban.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Fortunately, they have a free shuttle both directions. You can see the airport from the hotel, but interesting there is no noise. Takes about 15 minutes by shuttle.
Nice lobby, open air, welcoming staff.
Simple, clean, rooms, with flat screen TV, nice bath, coffee/tea making facilities.
Nice pool if you have time to use it.
Restaurant is very good, service even better. It is obvious they take great pride in training their staff in good customer service with a Balinese flair.
We loved it. Price and location can't be beat for flying in and out. That is exactly how we used the hotel, bookending our stay.

Room Tip: There are differences in rooms. Check out the one that suits you first.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ernieLoomisCa

Dear ernieLoomisCa,

Thank you for your very positive review on HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
Your comments will be posted on the Players notice board to make them proud that they have been rewarded by the most valuable thing: your comment.

You are very true. We do have two kind of rooms: HARRIS Room and HARRIS Suite. HARRIS Suite is suitable for a family as we have bedroom and living room. In a living room, we do have sofa bed for additional family member join in.

Bali International Airport Ngurah Rai will be ready with new look around mid year 2013. And HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali will still be here welcoming guests to Bali.

One again, thank you for your review.

General Manager.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I guess the only good thing about this hotel is it is very near the airport and that there is a free pick up and drop off to the airport. Apart from this, I don't recommend this hotel to tourists. It is quite far from the center and sometimes getting there takes some time because of bad traffic. This hotel is I guess just OK as a transit hotel. I do love their color (orange?), very bright and easy to spot at the airport when you're waiting for pick up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank I-benget
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear yusil,

thank you for your stay and comment on HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali. HARRIS official color is orange to represent bright, young, and dynamic environment.
It is true, that HARRIS Tuban is not close to the "center". However, we provide free shuttle bus (on schedule) to take you to interesting spots. Especially Kuta Beach. More over, our shuttle bus equipped with free WiFi to allow you to stay connected to your friends and family while you were in traffic.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose this hotel due to the location and free airport pick up and drop off. I arrived after a very long flight very tired and was told immediately upon arrival I needed to pay cash or with card in local currency, despite paying online? I was uncomfortable with handing my cc over again and had no local currency so used the internet to confirm my correct card information via booking.com. I thought all was resolved and went to my room to rest. Unfortunately I did not get much sleep as I was given a room with noisy roadworks outside and to top it off someone started hoovering directly at my door despite a do not disturb sign. It was so loud it sounded like someone was inside the room hoovering. I opened the door and asked them to please keep it down, they moved about 3m away and continued hoovering and it lasted 30 minutes or so. When I finally got to sleep I was woken by reception calling my room as they had not yet received the email from booking.com so I got out of bed and forwarded my confirmation email to the hotel. I was feeling really pressured to make payment twice, I was a single young female travelling alone and I felt if I had been travelling with others this might not have happened. This dragged out for another 30minutes or so after the receptionist went to call the booking office. At this point I needed to leave to make my connecting flight but they were really messing me about and I was starting to get quite panicky. Eventually the driver arrived and we left, and I made my flight. If I had known the 'stress free' hotel would be like this I would have just crashed on a chair in the airport and saved myself the worry. The worst thing of all is that when I got home and checked my cc statement they had already charged my card BEFORE I had even arrived at the hotel so all the upset I had was 100% unneccessary. I wasn't joking when I said I wished I had just slept at the airport instead of here!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jessicat2007

Dear Jessicat2007,

thank you for your comment on HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
I have sent you personal email to your registered email address.

General Manager.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

So close to the airport so convenient place to stay for transit in Bali or for early flight departure. Good friendly staff who were helpful about travel in Indonesia. Room price very reasonable for the comfort and nice clean rooms. We will return to this hotel when again transit in Bali.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank weltreisen2012
HarrisTubanBali, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tuban, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear weltreisen2012,

thank you very much for your short but meaningful review at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.
I have forwarded your comment to our Players, which I am sure will be very happy reading it.

Looking forward welcoming you at HARRIS Hotel Tuban Bali.

Andreas LALENOH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuban
Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
#43 of 253 in Kuta
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#6 of 253 in Kuta

Been to HARRIS Hotel Tuban? Share your experiences!