“Dinner with the locals at the Hitching Post”
Review of Hitching Post

Hitching Post
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ahwahnee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a long day at Yosemite, we were happy to have our evening meal at the Hitching Post. Sandwiches and evening specials are available. It is a place where locals gather, very casual. Order and pay for your food at the bar and it is served to your table. Staff is helpful and friendly!

2  Thank sunny2U

Reviewed February 24, 2013

While the restaurant is normally a bit too noisy for my taste, the food is really fabulous. Appetizers that rock are a grilled artichoke, ostrich with a cherry sauce and more. They have the best lobster and t his is the place I go when I'm in the mood for that. Desserts are always 5 star, so save room!

1  Thank LJClarkAtty
Reviewed January 24, 2013

there is a lot of food..but u pay alot.1499 for a chicken.and bacon quesadilla.big place..and nice people there eating..but the bartender was very rude ...
fun place to shoot pool..or sing on fridays...but watch your ticket if there is a man bartender

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It doesn't get any better. All the food is sooo very good and the amount they give you is huge. My husband and i usually share a meal. The Beer is ice cold and there bloody marys are the best. Friendly staff and always someone to talk to sitting at the bar. We try and go every week.

2  Thank Sherry A
Reviewed December 9, 2012

BURGERS ordered medium rare were cooked correctly (not to be taken for granted).

MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER special had gently sauteed mushrooms (still plump, I prefer them cooked much more, but it was O.K.), all good fresh tomato, green lettuce (not iceberg--nice!), raw onion (I removed it all), sesame bun was crunchy golden all around the edges (nice!).

ONION RINGS cooked perfectly, hot, crunchy, cooked enough so not oniony, not oily.

FRIES cooked right, piping hot and crunchy.

GARNISH lettuce (I ate mine), celery (nice!), carrots (do I look like a horse?), pickle wedge (my hubby was grateful).

DIET PEPSI (no Coke) with lemon.

DECOR plain and simple. Charm-free except for antique tools on one small wall area. Clean.

We looked inside on Friday night but it was too noisy to chat, so we ate elsewhere on Friday night, but we ate lunch at the Hitching Post on Saturday.

I, a petite, would go back and hope to share a burger for lunch, or take home half, or if I ate the whole thing, I would have only a snack or appetizer for the other main meal on that day.

2  Thank Factual