“best restaurant in Bermuda with spectacular view!!”

The Beach House at Blackbeard's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A secluded cove on the islands of Bermuda is reportedly where one Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard, spent some time hiding out from the Governor Eden of North Carolina around 1718. His ship the Queen Anne’s Revenge may have even anchored off Achilles’ Bay; the crew may have basked on the beach and fished and swam in crystal clear turquoise water. They may also have created a small hut on the shore to shelter from the sun but what stands there today has transformed into the Beach House at Blackbeard's. It serves some of the best food on the island with wine to match in a shabby chic restaurant with a good bar and a special view of the sunset.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

we arrived at the beach house for lunch and cheer the 7 north rock challenge charity swimmers as they arrived to shore.we witnessed a wonderful event and enjoyed a fabulous lunch, it was sunday not to forget!! The beach house provided the venue for this fantastic event and was packed with many supporters,family and friends of the swimmers as well as other restaurant patrons. A big thank you to the staff for working hard to cater to all on that very busy sunday.
There is no better venue,food,wait staff and excellent value and we love the table wine!!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We tried the Beach House for dinner tonight - we enjoyed the view, the especially helpful waitress Erica and the food. In reading the reviews and being a local we certainly understand how one bad evening caused such a mess. One need simply to read the pre-rugby team reviews.

Certainly my wife and I enjoyed the evening very much and plan to be back with clients on Thursday night. Well done team for your quick recovery.

I am certain lessons were learned and if would be a shame for people to miss out on this great location because of one crazy evening. We all know what happened - guests may not have been informed on the night - I suspect it will not happen again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The pina colada was weak with undetectable juices or rum. I fared better with a Yellow Bird. Erika, our server was gracious and helpful but the kitchen made her look foolish, having to announce 3 times that appetizers were on the way. When she returned without food to ask if we wanted more drinks, "on the house"? was my reflexive response. Because of the snail's pace of the kitchen, she was obliged to say yes.

The older European male who randomly pitched in to clear tables spent most of his time actually seated, sipping a drink and chatting with friends, leaving the wait staff to scramble. It was most unfortunate to watch.

The onion tart was delicious. Calamari was average. Fish (wahoo) & chips were better than average and not 'steaky' as expected. I requested shrimp and chips and received a measly four. A minimum of six would be expected but the taste did not disappoint.
We weren't up for waiting till sunset for dessert to arrive so we asked for the check.

When the LUNCH check arrived for $97.00 I knew this was my first and final visit. It's over priced for the inexcusably slow service. Two drinks, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees- finished! Even if the service had been efficient the price is still too high for lunch. There is no air conditioning thus their utility bills should be minimal and their prices should reflect that reality. It's a beach house!!!
~a lovely setting with better than average food. Loads of potential but they are far from what I would consider the kind of place to drop $100 for LUNCH!!! (for 2)

2  Thank Erika S
Reviewed July 24, 2013

You will not find a better location to have an evening meal. You are situated on the most northern tip of the Island and the sunset never fails to amaze. My son and I had two great meals there and I can't recommend it highly enough. Service is prompt and friendly. Everything was just Bermoodiful.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Sunset is amazing. The staff are very friendly BUT the kitchen can't deliver the food on time or hot!!!!! We were there on a Saturday night. The beautiful sunset was fabulous BUT then it was a disaster. I never been to a restaurant with that many people walking out before receiving their meal or after being served. They couldn't handle the amount of people in the dining room and it wasn't even completely full. I felt sorry for are server Erica. She was the best with a great attitude but she couldn't help the poor service coming from the kitchen. I would like to go back to see the sunset but not sure because the kitchen service is disaster when busy.

1  Thank Bdachrissy
JohnKyle, Manager at The Beach House at Blackbeard's, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We clearly understand that we had a major issue on Saturday and were the victim of being too busy! The twenty-five exuberant rugby players while most welcome overwhelmed our small kitchen staff and we did not perform up to our usual standard. Chef Piero and his team have learned some lessons from this and as of Sunday, he had additional staff to make sure the that the kitchen does not "freeze" again. The kitchen is really very very small and we will never be a fast food restaurant at The Beach House and we want you to stop and enjoy the very special location we have on our beautiful island. We commit to provide you service in a reasonable timeframe going forward. Being successful is definitely a changing and learning process and trust me, we have learned.