“Great food and amazing view”

The Beach House at Blackbeard's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A secluded cove on the islands of Bermuda is reportedly where one Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard, spent some time hiding out from the Governor Eden of North Carolina around 1718. His ship the Queen Anne’s Revenge may have even anchored off Achilles’ Bay; the crew may have basked on the beach and fished and swam in crystal clear turquoise water. They may also have created a small hut on the shore to shelter from the sun but what stands there today has transformed into the Beach House at Blackbeard's. It serves some of the best food on the island with wine to match in a shabby chic restaurant with a good bar and a special view of the sunset.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited the Beach House with friends during a recent visit to Bermuda. We sat on the lovely terrace overlooking the beach. The service was friendly and professional. At the suggestion of the owner I ordered the whole fish baked in salt crust, and my friends ordered the rockfish with rum bananas. My fish arrived with great ceremony at the table. The chef cracked the salt crust, removed the skin and filleted the fish, which he then placed on my plate and drizzled over it a flavorful olive oil and lemon juice. So simple but so delicious. The fish was buttery and moist. Served with perfectly cooked vegetables and a glass of white wine. My friends' rockfish was equally delicious. Desserts (creme caramel and molten chocolate cake) and coffee were excellent as well. While we ate, a wonderful guitarist played for the diners inside, and the breeze from the sea and the sunset made it a magical evening. This is not an inexpensive place to eat but very good value for the money. This fish preparation takes a little time to prepare, so order an appetizer while you are waiting and enjoy the experience. This was truly an excellent evening and a memorable meal.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to the beach house of lunch after a walk around Fort St. Catherine. What a delight it ended up being! The food was delicious; simple, fresh ingredients, beautifully prepared! And the decor is exactly as the name would leave one to imagin. I felt like I was the fortunate guest at a friends beach house. As for the veiw and private beach attached to the property.. Well I think everyone has gusted about that enough

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Bermuda in mid June and happened to eat at this restaurant 5 times while there, it was that good. Location is beautiful, ambiance is romantic in the evening and better yet, lunches are delicious and reasonable. The view of the sunset is spectacular but more importantly, the food and service matched it. We went on a Saturday evening which features great live music from local talent. The mahi is the best I have ever had (and I live in South Florida where we catch our own). Piero was there to great us on every occasion and checked often to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying the meal. This restaurant is a must-stop-in-place if you are in Bermuda. Do not miss the opportunity to have a dinner here, you'll take home wonderful pictures and memories of a terrific night out.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a great week in Bermuda, including 2 great meals at The Beach House! Had dinner on Fathers Day - 4 of us, overlooking the ocean, seeing that gorgeous Bermuda sunset! Food is top-notch - some of the items we had were the onion tart (my fave!), shrimp salad, chowder, lemon&ginger mussels, some of the specials (rockfish). Lunch one day included fish & chips (great flavors in the batter) and the Fort St Catherine (ham/cheese s'wich fried with ginger beer batter, drizzled with honey mustard - a revived monte cristo). The staff is awesome - very personable, attentive.

I've seen this place transformed over the years, and it's only getting better. Piero has done a tremendous job in getting all top-quality flavors at quality prices. He has put so much into this place, and I'm so excited to return to the island to see the growth over the next 1-2 yrs and ongoing. Just talking with him, he has so much passion for what he does and does it so well! Missing those Bermuda sunsets...

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our concierge recommended The Beach House and we could not have been more pleased with our experience. The house wines, brought to the table when you arrive in bottles, were delicious and so reasonably priced! The food, conch tacos, rockfish, and mussels were beautifully prepared . The waitress paced our meal perfectly. We enjoyed watching the sunset from our table while sipping the wine with our entrees. They even have a strolling guitarist, so romantic. The owner was on site and watching everything without being intrusive. After dinner we wandered around the pretty beach until the cab, arranged for by the restaurant, found us. It really was the perfect meal in a perfect setting.