“Cocktails”

The Beach House at Blackbeard's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A secluded cove on the islands of Bermuda is reportedly where one Edward Teach, better known as Blackbeard, spent some time hiding out from the Governor Eden of North Carolina around 1718. His ship the Queen Anne’s Revenge may have even anchored off Achilles’ Bay; the crew may have basked on the beach and fished and swam in crystal clear turquoise water. They may also have created a small hut on the shore to shelter from the sun but what stands there today has transformed into the Beach House at Blackbeard's. It serves some of the best food on the island with wine to match in a shabby chic restaurant with a good bar and a special view of the sunset.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I live in St. George's and during summer months we often frequent Blackbeards. We visited Blackbeards two weeks ago and since it has been remodeled we decided to have a few cocktails and appetizers. The food and cocktails were good and the service was execellent, we recommend Blackbeards because it's outside dinning and the atmosphere is so relaxing.

1  Thank cherriken

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We went to Blackbeard's Hideout while visiting the island of Bermuda and had a wonderful time!! There is an outdoor patio where we sat in the shade overlooking their small private beach and ocean! We had a taxi drop us off around lunch time and we practically had the place to ourselves. We ordered lunch and my husband walked down to the beach and floated around while we waited for our food. When the food came, we just waved at him to come back up. After lunch we all moved to the beach and laid in the sand and swam for a few hours. It was an awesome day! There was a shower in the womens restroom which was convenient but the shower in the men's room was full of maintenance equipment. The food was great! Good fish chowder, great fish sandwich, beautiful, delicious house salad, fantastic pan fried fish! It was all good!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Fantastic evening looking over the beautiful bay and sparkling sea. Fantastic seafood and the best dark and stormy in the whole of Bermuda. I want to go back.

1  Thank Astro-flashy
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I went to Bermuda for the first time this past September on a cruise. We are very easy going people however the service here was horrible. We took a bus from Hamilton to St George in the early afternoon. I was sick that day and the bus drive really upset my stomach so we went to blackbeards to relax and grab lunch before the beach. We ordered 2 waters and 2 side orders. French fries for me and mozarella sticks for my wife to start. A young blonde headed waitress was somewhat rude and bothered. I noticed on the menu if you share sides there is an extra charge of 4.50? Wow! I knew right there this place was not a normal place to eat and very picky. So we got our food and I was really feeling terrible like I was going to puke so couldn't eat my fries. My wife had a couple fries and her mozzarella sticks were very soggy. Our waitress never came over after giving us our food and it has been 25 min at this point. My wife went up to pay and she yelled at her asking why I wasn't eating my fries and asked why we didn't order a meal. my wife told her I wasn't feeling well and asked to pay. She said get out you don't need to pay just leave. I had my head in my hands at the table cause I was sick and the waitress came over ripped and I mean rippeverything off the table. Amazing how tourist are your main source of income and you act like that.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Do yourself a favor. Take a trip to St. George, head for Tobacco Bay and just a short distance away is Blackbeards. Worth the effort.

1  Thank Jeffberk81