“Friendliest Dive Shop in Bermuda”

Blue Water Divers & Watersports Ltd
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Water Divers and Watersports, Bermuda - we are under new ownership as of June 2012; we celebrated our one-year anniversary on 15 June 2013. We have worked hard over the past year to improve our presence on tripadvisor and other social media sites - we recognize that dive travelers are doing their research and choosing the places that best suit their needs, while focusing on the highest ratings in customer service. We run two-tank morning and one-tank afternoon trips on our 36 foot purpose-built Newton dive boat. We offer a full range of PADI courses, up to and including Assistant Instructor ratings. Please check out our website for details. If we can help in any way with planning your dives, please give us a call or contact us through our website. New transport option! WATER TAXI Bookings - for cruise passengers in Dockyard, or anyone close to Hamilton, we can book the new water taxi for you, which will pick you up and bring you directly to Robinson's Marina, and then run you back again after the dive boat gets back in. The price is similar to catching a regular taxi, and it's by far the best way to travel around Bermuda :) All the best - Chris Gauntlett | Owner/Operator | Blue Water Divers & Watersports, Bermuda
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about the experience that I had with Blue Water Divers. Chris and his staff were GREAT! I did the short hop from Cambridge Beaches Resort down To Somerset and had a great 2 tank Wreck and Reef Dive. I did not expect to dive one of the most famous wrecks in Bermuda, the Mary Celeste, but WE DID thanks to Chris.

There was a mix of 2 people doing a certification class, 2 folks doing a refresher course, and other 3 experienced divers (including myself). Plenty of space for everyone at all levels of diving.
Looking forward to going back and diving again with them! Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We just got back from a cruise to Bermuda were we dived for 3 days with BWD. We saw some great wrecks and corals. But what most impressed us was that when we found out the day before our scheduled trip with them that the ship would not dock until an hour later than we had originally been told, they contacted the other divers on the trip and were able to push back the start time by an hour so we could still make the trip.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was staying at Cambridge Beaches and they recommended Blue Water Divers. Old reviews were negative, but since Chris bought the place it seemed great.

That was true, very nice operation, great attitude, very friendly. I did several days of diving and one day as the rest of the divers were less experienced, Chris set a divemaster just for me to dive inside a great wreck. What an experience. Chris repeated a solo dive with me just to do fun stuff and hunt for lion fishes.

On the boat you can be helped at 100% to set your gear or not based on how you want it. No push, no ignorance, just the perfect blend of great service.

Chris' team was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dives. I really like diving with them.

One on the best diving operation I have seen.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

3 dive guides, all instructors, shared between 10 divers, so an excellent ratio. Helpful and informative staff. Interesting wreck of Sea Venture close to pretty reef, followed by lovely reef dive with pretty swim through. I'm an instructor myself and the staff are all highly experienced and professional, but fun and welcoming.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Quality dive shop that puts safety first. I was staying at the Pompano Beach Club and the staff referred me to Blue Water Divers. The resort provides free transportation to the marina and is quick to pick you up afterwards. I really enjoyed Captain Chris and his crew. I did a two tank morning dive with them. I thought the quality of their equipment, vessel and satff professionalism was worthy of praise. Dive briefings were thorough and covered all the necessary information needed. Both the ship wreck "Hermes" and the second dive on a rock formation were really nice. In speaking with Chris, I mentioned that I had lost a snorkle while on the island. My wife and another couple were waiting for me back at the resort. As a going away gift, he tossed me an old snorkle. It was a very nice gesture and genuinely appreciated. His act of kindness allowed me to take the group out later that day to swim over some reefs.

I plan to be back in Bermuda next September and will be booking no less than three (maybe four) morning two tank dives. Thank you for the great experience and service.