“Quick Visit”

Jon Faulkner Gallery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Jon Faulkner Gallery is located in Dockyard, Bermuda. Handmade, Saltglazed ceramics made on site by Jon Faulkner. Browse through out vast selection of unique 'one of a kind' handmade ceramics. We also have a 'Paint Your Own Pottery' studio. Open 7 days a week. Close to Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf Cruise ship docks.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place was hot as Hades, so you don't want to spend a great amount of time browsing. There might have been some great finds if you could endure the heat. He has some pretty things, but not a large selection.

2  Thank Trippin26
jonfaulkner, Owner at Jon Faulkner Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Yes its hot, you have visited at the hottest time of the year and with 4 kilns firing in the shop A/C is out of the question, my salt kiln is built in the shop, I fire it to 2370 degrees right there, people think its great to watch when I fire it, it would be a shame to isolate it behind a wall, this is a working pottery, its hot, its noisy and its very, very authentic.

As for selection, I currently have well over 500 items in the 'Jon Faulkner gallery' all of different shapes and colours, I think that's a pretty good selection considering the fact I hand make each piece on the potters wheel, mix all my own glazes from raw materials, filter all my used vegetable oil to fire the kiln. Big selection usually requires a factory with big machines and lots of people, I want my customers to enjoy something authentic, something original and something hand made.

I do appreciate your visit and I do appreciate your review and I would hope next time you could stay a little longer.

Jon Faulkner

"bermuda"
in 23 reviews
"artisan"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are a pottery lover, this store is worth a visit. Jon Faulkner's work is amazing and some of the most original styling and work I have seen. The salt glazing techniques he uses yield superb colors and finishes. However, do not go expecting a bargain. The goods are pieces of art, and are priced as such.

2  Thank comunc8cn

Thank you for my first and nicest review, it is very much appreciated.

Jon Faulkner.