“Not impressed will not return!”
Review of Cafe Amici

Cafe Amici
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'll be short and to the point. My salad that I ordered was warm and should of been cold and crisp.
second my ham on my pizza was frozen Again Not Fresh.
Third my pasta order was to watery!

Not only was my meal the way it was the ledges were dirty and could use a dusting. Was not impressed and will tell everyone I know not to go!

3  Thank fancyclip
Gordon R, Manager at Cafe Amici, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Hello Fancy clip,

Thank you of course for taking your time to post a comment about Café Amici on the very popular and useful Trip Advisor site... I am very concerned about the points you made with regards to your alleged visit to our restaurant here in Dockyard... I think that it is only fair that we respond to clarify our standards at Amici. I do find it very disturbing and hard to believe and comprehend how this could have happened, as you will see from our past and most recent comments none have mentioned any concerns similar to yours, which leaves me a little suspicious of your posting...
First of all we always refrigerate our salads until ordered, we have to as i am sure you are aware of what the temperature rises to in a kitchen, especially in Bermuda...Secondly never would we or have ever used frozen products in any of our dishes, especially our pizzas which are renowned throughout Dockyard, to guests and locals alike. Thirdly Watery pasta!. All our pasta dishes are coated in their various sauces as described on the menu, Creamy or Tomato based and all pasta is added to the sauce after it has been reduced then served very, very quickly once ready.....Further more with regards to the cleanliness of the restaurant, we have a daily cleaner who has been with us since we opened who is extremely dedicated and thorough ..

Again I find your comments very hard to believe and suspicious, and hope that the very loyal Trip Advisor community will not heed your complaint and miss out on a great restaurant experience at Amici...Which has a very friendly, relaxing and lovely ambiance here in Dockyard....

Gordon Reid Assistant manager on behalf of Livio Ferigo, owner/Chef, Café Amici

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great atmosphere and very clean. The staff is warm and welcoming and Food outstanding! generous Portions of Pasta and meat sauce and nice Bread also~~~ Prices are good !!Pizza great.Nice variety in menu. definately go back again. :)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited Bermuda last summer and we dined in Cafe Amici. It is pleasant to get there by ferry from Hamilton. The service was excellent and all the staff were very friendly, especially the manager Jonjon and his Italian boss Livio and the food was superb.We hope to come back again.

2  Thank soledad s
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The restaurant is in the mall , ( dockyard ) the restaurant is really nice , service very friendly , and food excelent ! I recomend the pizza the best! And tortelini excelent! Very good italian restaurant!

2  Thank Veronica D
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited the naval dockyards area of Bermuda in mid January,which is definitely "out of season" and found cafe amici to be almost the only establishment ( of any kind) open at 10.30 am.
A small very informal cafe serving a variety of breakfast dishes at reasonable prices ,well cooked and served by friendly ,if amateur,staff.the coffee is excellent and plentiful and overall provided just what we wanted at that time.
The dockyards area is well worth a visit and although partially closed,some shops and other eateries did open after approx 11am.

The lack of tourist activity is preferable to the hoards of cruise ship passengers dis embarking in the season from April onwards as this is where the cruise ships dock and the style of shops etc reflect their demands .

We re visited amici for an early dinner ( fri/sat only out of season) and were disappointed with the salads and pasta so only recommend the breakfast dishes, although as this is a relatively new venture hopefully they will improve !!?