“Good food and drinks”

Frog and Onion Pub
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Frog & Onion Pub is Bermuda's most unique Pub. Housed in the mid 18th century Cooperage in the historic Royal Naval Dockyard. The menu features a selection of Traditional English style pub food, innovative entrees and seafood. Home to Dockyard Brewing Company, Bermuda's only brewery.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was looking forward to coming here and trying the local beer. I thought it was ok, but I was blown away by the blackened wahoo salad that I enjoyed for lunch. It was one of the best meals I ate on our trip. My husband also enjoyed his BBQ chicken sandwich and fries. I thought the prices were reasonable based on everywhere else we had seen on the island. The menu had a good variety too with island and British foods. There was also live music in the bar area while we were there.

1  Thank Stephanie B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Every year my family and I visit the dockyards and every year we stop here. The food is good the service is friendly and the beer is nice and cold. Mom and I enjoyed our food. I got the brisket sandwich and it was teeming with meat, onions, and mushrooms. So good. And the tuna on moms sandwich was nice and fresh. Delicious.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The restaurant is big and full of things to look at. The food and beer were good. BUT you will be paying a lot. We had two burgers, two kid's meals, and a beer sampler that came to about $80 with tax and tip. They give themselves 17% tip for all tables, which explains why the service was so poor. We didn't even get one refill on our water. I'm sure they charge this much because they know us tourists will wander in, but you may want to pass it by.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

While most restaurants in Bermuda are expensive, I still visit the Frog and Onion every time I am at king's wharf. It is in the cooperage building of the fort. Try to get the table that sits in the fireplace. It is fun. Since this is reminiscent of a British pub, I tend to go with traditional fare. Sheppard's pie and fish and chips being my favorite. After lunch, which is the meal that I tend to eat here, you can walk across the hall and visit the crafts fair. Great Bermuda gifts. Next door is the Bermuda arts center. It is an interesting place that has very reasonable wifi rates. Have fun!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

While touring the Royal Dockyard we stopped for lunch at the Frog and Onion. It's atmosphere is unique and historic. We had burgers and drinks and there are no complaints. Definitely worth a visit.