“Management Sets the Bar Very High”

Bone Fish Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Montclair
“Management Sets the Bar Very High”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is not an actual restaurant review. Let me explain. My wife was looking for the Jolly Roger fishing boat and she'd been told the owner could be found at Bone Fish. So she goes inside and asks the receptionist.

The receptionist calls the manager over. Now keep in mind we were not there to eat, but to find another business altogether. Instead of brushing her off or pointing vaguely toward the port, the manager said follow me and they left the restaurant, walked down to the pier and he led her to the boat. Then he introduced her to the captain of the Jolly Roger.

After he saw she was being taken care of, he went back to his restaurant. This is really outstanding and we were very impressed. I can only imagine how he treats customers at his restaurant.

So although we did not eat there, I would predict that diners will be well treated and if you should have a complaint, ask for the manager. His is a great individual.

Visited July 2014

Hackensack, New Jersey
“Could be better”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

To have a successful experience you'll need low expectations for service. The service is incredibly slow and uneven. The food is excellent. It is expensive for what it is but the location makes that understandable. We had a server who was nice but very inexperienced and very slow. His biggest effort was pushing drinks. The food was consistently excellent. So if you can be very relaxed with very slow inattentive service you'll enjoy yourself. The music is enjoyable.
The owner of this restaurant also owns cafe amici, which is two blocks away. The food is similar and the service excellent. Given the choice I'd go to cafe amici

• Visited July 2014
Connecticut
“Quick, Easy, Average”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We came over for lunch and this was a decent place. It was typical ocean side restaurant / sandwiches, burgers, wraps, etc. We had the jerk chicken wrap - the seasoning was good and the chicken quesadilla, which was fine. We could see how this place would be very popular at night with the cruise ships docked right out front. For lunch, it was okay.

Visited July 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

this is by far one of the best restaurants i have ever eaten at, amazing food along wid great music and a good staff. i cant wait to go back there to have a great time.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank romariorvs
Cincinnati, OH
“Wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy...”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Coming from the perspective of someone staying at a resort on the island, I can tell you this restaurant was clearly geared toward the cruise-ship crowd, located right on the dock with excessive prices. After having taken a longer-than-expected sunset cruise from the dockyard, I was starving and headed to the first place I saw on land. This proved a big mistake, which I should have realized right away by the tactlessly named "Boner Bar" on the patio. Several locals gathered there, yelling profanities at one another in a way that I feared might escalate into a bar fight. The restroom, located in a strange backroom upstairs at the establishment, was filthy. But worst of all was the food. The bread brought to the table was essentially plain white bread. I ordered the jerk chicken (one of the cheapest items on the menu at $27) and found it so chewy and fatty that I gave up eating it. My side of rice tasted like it came out of a box, and the vegetables tasted like the frozen kind out of a bag. I almost gave this place 2 stars, only because the owner and waitstaff seemed to be well-intentioned. But ultimately I have to judge the restaurant on the food and ambiance, which made for a cringe-worthy last night on an incredibly beautiful island.

• Visited July 2014