“Spend a Day!”

Island Wrap Around Tour of Bermuda
$87.00*
African Diaspora Heritage Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the early 1800s, this dockyard is now the largest museum in Bermuda and features exhibits on the island's maritime history.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great places to eat, the Museum is Fantastic! We ate at the Frog and Onion, good beer and great food. Bit of shopping, the glassworks and the rum cake factory is great.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Apparently there is a lot more to do in the area than we were aware of during our visit. We did visit the glass blowing store where they were giving demonstrations of making a plate. I found this very fascinating. In this same store, they also had samples of different kinds of rum cake that could be purchased. We also visited the crafters market where there were all kinds of locally made items being sold. Some were giving demonstrations of their craft such as the gal making sea glass jewelry. I was specifically looking for a Bermuda t-shirt and looked in several stores before I made my way over to the Clock Tower Mall. There was a store in there that had many, many shirts at a reasonable price. I think I got one for $7. We tried to go to the snorkel beach just to see it but didn't want to pay the admission fee. Maybe it would have been worth it. There were tons of people using the WiFi that is located in the area but I was on vacation. The last thing I wanted to do was check in at home while there for just a limited time! This area is also where you catch the ferries to St. George's and to Hamilton. Just look for the long line!

1  Thank casauder
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are dozens of sites in the area of the wharves/Naval Dockyard. Most...not all..are tourist attractions...not to be dismissed, though. Good shops, good quality as compared to the "flea market" types of shopping in other Caribbean ports. Several very interesting historic sites such as the Natrional Museum and the Commissioners House. Several small beaches...a snorkel cove...Snorkel Park. Easy walking, places to stop and sit.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We could go most anywhere we wanted after we got to the Dockyard. Great place to shop and grab a bite or beer.

1  Thank Ellie1935
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great place to walk around and and do some nick knack shopping. Most of the tourist were purchasing goods and souvenirs from the pharmacy. Most of the area is equipped with WiFi but the signal is stronger is some spots more than others. Using your wireless device near the store or gazebo is just like sitting in any other park on normal day. I didn't get the opportunity to visit the museum as I saved it for the last day and I assumed it was going to rain. The one negative thing I experienced was the attitudes toward me at the Royal Navy Dockyard's Pastry shop. My party must of caught the ladies at a bad time because they were very apprehensive about waiting on my party and seemed quite annoyed we were there. The coffee was good, the croissant was ok.