We just got back from eloping to Bermuda & it was so beautiful! We worked with Nadja from Cambridge Beaches to make all of the wedding plans beforehand & she was the best. Even over emails back & forth with Nadja I knew that we were going to have a wonderful wedding & vacation there. I emailed w/ the Reverend, photographer, hairstylist, etc. & got everything we wanted & more! We arrived there & were greeted by George, Whitney & a few of the other staff members who were all extremely friendly. If at any time during our stay we mentioned we were getting married they automatically knew knew who we were! It was intimate & friendly. We felt very comfortable there. Everyone on the grounds (staff & other visitors) were all so nice & friendly to each other. We stayed in the Turtle Cove Suite which was awesome. It was a cottage w/ big bedroom, huge bathroom & living room w/ a terrace in the back w/ a beautiful view. We were steps away from the pool, cabanas, bar & restaurant. Perfect spot-we loved the location of our cottage. The cove was just below us down a flight of stairs. The room was so clean & modern w/ robes & slippers, a jacuzzi tub, turndown service-it was perfect!
We ate at the Tamarisk & The Breezes Restaurants while we were there-both delicious! Definitely have to dress up eating at both. Breakfast was included & always good. No complaints at all on the food there!
Our wedding was perfect-we got to pick our spot to have the ceremony. We chose Long Bay Beach which is right at the hotel-just the 2 of us w/ the Reverend & our 2 witnesses (Nadja & the photographer). It was absolutely beautiful. Weather turned out great-supposed to be rainy but ended up w/ some clouds-not bad at all. Then we took photos for an hour w/ our photographer & went all around the grounds. Beautiful pictures! We had a private candelight dinner at Turtle Cove right below our cottage. Intimate & beautiful w/ Monjulla as our waiter (sorry if spelled wrong)!!! He had to go up & down that flight of stairs quite a few times & was still gracious & kind! He was the best!
The next day we rented a moped right on the grounds & spent the day exploring Bermuda.
Pool & bar area were renovated about 2 years ago. We didn't get to check out the spa but the indoor pool area was really nice. Beautiful infinity pool & beach just steps away. Bar & restaurants close early, also no children so it was nice & quiet. We felt like we were the only ones there. So peaceful. It was perfect for us sneaking away for a long weekend & getting married!
All in all, only positive things to say about Cambridge Beaches! And again-thanks to Nadja and staff for our memories! We will be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Groupon, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish