Trip Advisor has always proved so useful, I wanted to share my thoughts on Cambridge Beaches to try and balance the over-whelmingly positive reviews already posted.
Lovely Staff, Quiet Location, Well Maintained & Fabulous Sea Views
No charge for a late check out which was really appreciated.
The Spa was ok but extremely expensive for what you get.
The food is fine but nothing memorable. In fact our best meal on Bermuda was over lunch away from Cambridge Beaches.
Atmosphere is a little stuffy and not naturally friendly.
I was not a big fan of the accomodation. Although big ( we stayed in a Cambridge Suite ), we could hear our neighbours next door very clearly through a connecting door which I really disliked. Paying USD700+ a night, I expected privacy and a peaceful night.
We were after a quiet break away from the London rat-race, and we made the most of our time and really enjoyed Bermuda. However, I really don't think we got value for money which means we won't be returning. I can't help but think there are a lot nicer places with equally fabulous views but for a lot less money.
Just my opinion. Either way, I hope you enjoy your time in Bermuda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish