"Sunset" is one of three amazing cottage pool suites at Cambridge Beaches, Bermuda. Ours, the westernmost one, located at 32°18'32.53"N 64°52'6.26"W (check Google Earth), also offers a spectacular view of the sunset, from within our private, heated pool. Below and behind the pool suites we found a secluded beach, only accessible via a wooden staircase, concealed between the cottages. The water so clear, it looks drinkable.
Surrounded on three sides by picket fences and shrubbery, along with careful placement of nearby cottages, the backyard of our cottage was completely hidden from view, other than from the Atlantic Ocean. My wife and I very much enjoyed our four naked days in paradise.
The suite itself was, by far, the most comfortable and well equipped we’ve experienced: Heavenly bed and couch; Decadent bathroom with oversized Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower with rain-head and side jets; Stereo system with CD/DVD player, along with speakers placed throughout the suite, each room controlled by their own volume control; Excellent climate-control systems; Nice flat-screen TV in the living room, although, as seems to be on most islands, the channel selection left much to be desired; A large walk-in closet; An in-room safe, large enough to accommodate four laptops and then some.
The cuisine at Tamarisk, their fine-dining restaurant, was delectable. The service was top notch – we were always greeted by name with a smile and utmost politeness. Better yet was the location of the restaurant in the main house, a mere 200 feet from our front door, although we also enjoyed walking the exceptionally well manicured grounds, from ocean to shining bay, and marveling at the beautiful property and scenery.
We had a minor issue with an inoperable electrical outlet outside, near our pool (don’t ask why we needed it). Within 30 minutes of my calling, it was repaired and, to my astonishment, the gentleman refused to accept the tip I attempted to hand him, three times. Impressive!
Beautiful place, amazing room, great food, wonderful spa and exceptional service sums it up. Even the General Manager, Richard Quinn, (search “Cambridge Beaches” on YouTube or use this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7XxCTwcCXg ), whom I couldn’t help but call Sir Richard, was delightful the numerous times we ran into each other. Thank you, Sir Richard.
You can see the 3-minute HD video I took of our suite here:
Nuff said. Go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish