We chose CB for our honeymoon destination. Bermuda is a lovely island and it was my new husband's first visit. It won't be our last. There were more highs than lows.
The view from our room was a million dollar one, with an expansive vista of the Atlantic, which we were thrilled with. The look of the deluxe room, not so much. I had called months before the trip to ask if there was much difference between the deluxe room and the suite, and I was told no, but the actual room looked nothing like the example on line, and was actually much different in design, quality (age) of furniture, and layout.
The disappointment was with the rather sterile room with no notable design, dated worn furniture, creaky water pipes and clogged jacuzzi. We did complain, and CB was quick and helpful to respond. What could not be fixed were the pictures on the walls; they seemed to be hung as an afterthought, and were the wrong sizes for the walls; out of scale. The upholstered furniture seemed to be missing a chair, as there was a empty area on one side of the room. Had we known in Feb we would have booked the suite.
We asked for an upgrade for the remaining two nights of our stay, were told we could have one, and the next day informed us the upgrade would be $1000, so we made do.
But the food at Tamarisk was great, the people delightful, our fellow guests friendly, and the surroundings quiet and peaceful. We loved visiting The Swizzle Inn for red bean soup, nachos, rum swizzles, and across the street Bailey's Ice Cream (not at the dockyards, they have hagen daz there). We took a bus into Hamilton with a $15 pass that included all day ferry rides as well. The children taking the bus had the most wonderful manners, and it was great to see the kindness and friendliness of fellow travelers. It seems to be contagious!
Long beach was amazing; perfect in every way. Breezes was not great at all, but the waiters were wonderful. Do try the excellent Tamarisk. On Monday evenings we had free rum swizzles, which were wonderful! Upon checking in, the girl at the desk (rather brusque in manner), did not mention; we stumbled upon the free swizzles fortuitously. This was followed buy the best barbecue you could envision. The ribs were amazing, as was the jerk chicken, soup, pineapple slaw, beans, potatoes, anything you could wish for in a Bermudian barbecue. The desserts were superb as well.
Afternoon tea was lovely, and what a civilized way to find kinship with other travelers. Some of the highlights of our trip are memories of these lovely folks, many UK citizens, and fellow teachers that we met at tea. The human connection is a valuable one, and Bermuda does this best. That is why we will visit the Island, and perhaps stay here once again.
For a short easy ten minute walk we left the hotel to eat lunch at the Salt Rock Grill overlooking the beautiful bay, and had french fries to die for, the old crinkle cut. The little shop nearby had great souvenirs that were unique and reasonable, and it was a great place to get beer and soda as well.
We had an amazing spa couples treatment at CB with Hani and another young lady and a fantastic facial. What a great indulgence.
We will treasure cherished memories of our wonderful honeymoon and the delightful times we experienced at Cambridge Beaches and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish