Although I didn't stay at the hotel -- I did surprise my husband with the private beach candlelight dinner. I will say that although it didn't start off well (they seated us at our private table on the beach with the sun beating down on us (sunburn anyone?) and sunbathers all around (what happened to privacy?)...they did remedy the situation after I complained about it. They brought us into the shade for 1/2 hour and brought us back out a little before the sun went down and the sunbathers had finally started to depart. -- The resort should have started the dinner at 8 instead of 7 because of the sun situation and collect the lounge chairs so that sunbathers aren't invading your privacy -- but once we were seated the 2nd time around it all was very excellent -- from our waitress Carlita who wasn't intrusive in the least and always willing to take pictures of us -- to the ambiance in general -- you watch the sun setting in the horizon, hear the waves splashing as night falls and the stars twinkle. They light tiki torches so you can see once its nighttime and you hear the frogs singing and the fish jumping in and out of the water. My husband who usually isn't at a loss for words was amazed by the experience (surprise for his bday) and I can see people proposing during the dinner. The experience isn't cheap but my husband's reaction was priceless...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish