Cambridge Beaches markets itself as a luxury resort and spa, but it has too many flaws and rough edges to fit into that category. What was nicest about Cambridge was our room. Decor was a bit garish, but overall a very nice suite. They also have some very nice beaches. The staff was very friendly (Everyone on Bermuda is friendly though.) but not well trained. For example, our suite was only ever partially cleaned on any given day. Even after mentioning it to the day manager. And at breakfast every morning it was an Herculean task trying to get a second cup of coffee.
We vacationed over Valentines and had hoped to take advantage of the spa to pamper ourselves a bit, but even though we were there for a week they were unable to provide us with any appointment. They said they were booked up, and it was off-season, so I asked that if they could not accommodate demand when the resort was only marginally booked how did they manage during peak season. The response, in effect, was that they had access to more on-island staff and the only reason they didn't have adequate help over Valentines was that the spa manager hadn't bothered to call anyone extra in, and didn't bother to adjust for demand for the entire week we were there. This lack of leadership seemed prevalent in most areas of the resort. In the end we had to taxi to another resort for spa treatments.
The food at the on-site restaurant was dreadful. Though they market themselves as gourmet, I would classify it as low caliber institutional. Our original plan for our vacation was to hunker down in our suite for the week and do room service a lot, but the food was so disappointing that we left for all our lunch and dinner meals. That meant very little time cozying up in our room as planned and lots of transportation costs getting around.
We were there in the off season and so had not expected everything to be firing on all cylinders, we actually prefer it when things are quieter, but quality was such that we found ourselves constantly having to travel away from the resort to obtain luxury-resort quality services. Given that, it makes sense to stay elsewhere the next time we visit Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, seekda GmbH, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish